NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with nearly 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Advanced Analytics - Sr. BI Analyst
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Use data to figure out insights to increase profits and efficiency.
- Gather this data through a number of ways, from mining computer data through software, looking other internal or external data and trends to help develop a picture of where the business stands, where can we improve and where can we reduce costs.
- Provide advanced analytics, metric optimization, and reports for the Business & Leadership/Management to assist in day to day business decisions.
- Development of new analytics as needed, or potentially other forums of distribution as needed.
- Will assist in the development of models, converting output into Flags / Early Warning Systems, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Assist in the development of business model, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Use analytical skills and techniques to identify opportunities to remove waste, save time, increase productivity, and drive continuous improvement within Services organization.
- Resolve any issues that arise within key analytics from a development standpoint. For data integrity issues, provide support in resolving
- Analyze data trends, seasonality, and other random effects to quickly identify issues or best practices, assist program subject matter experts to get to root cause analysis.
- Implement Machine Learning algorithms using open source scripting language.
- Apply statistical models in analysis.
- Document code and processes as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (information science, mathematics, statistics or related technical fields).
- 2+ years of related experience required.
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: Data visualization (Power BI and Tableau), statistical modeling, or data mining
- Elementary experience in at least one programming language, such as Java, PHP, C++, C#, Python, R or a similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with creating SQL queries, understanding of databases structure.
- Technical Skills: Use complex computer programs to mine data sources and look for trends.
- Analytical Skills: A major part of the job is to determine what data trends mean. Being able to analyze the data is crucial.
- Problem-Solving: Need to look at the data trends and recommend solutions for creating more revenue and reducing loss.
- Time Management: Work on large projects and many data streams and many deadlines. Being able to juggle it all is crucial to the job.
- Communication Skills: Once the data is analyzed, must be able to communicate findings
- Able to learn at a rapid pace, desire to go the extra-mile consistently
- Superior communication (verbal and written), presentation, and organization skills; ability to communicate complex analytical findings clearly and concisely.
- Strong willingness to learn with an attitude of continuous improvement. Commitment to quality and strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, Information Science, Math, Statistics or equivalent technical experience.
- Proven programmer experience in at least one programming language, such as C/C++,Python, R, Scala, Java or a similar object-oriented language.
- Proficient in SQL Server maintenance and development.
- Certification in process improvement methodologies and tools (Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, Lean, DFSS, etc).
- Familiarity with Data Analytics solutions, using big data tools (Hadoop, HIVE/Impala, Teradata databases).
- Data Science, Deep Learning and Machine Learning essentials: Time Series and Sequential Data processing, Supervised and Unsupervised Machine Learning, Classification, Logistic Regression and Random Forest, Support Vector Machines, K-Nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes and Gradient Boosting.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.