Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband network. Founded in 2011 to shake up the UK broadband market, we're leading the way in full fibre technology. With hyperfast speeds 14x faster than the UK average, we're changing the way people are experiencing broadband.
We established Hyperoptic's Belgrade office in 2013, starting with only 20 Developers to support the business. As of today we are 400 people and growing superfast - once a small start-up has become a success story in Belgrade, with over 1300 employees globally.
Due to continuous expansion Hyperoptic are hiring for a Advanced analytics and insights lead who goes beyond the expected. We believe in working smarter together, whilst our teams stay focused and people passionately strive for excellence. As Advanced analytics and insights lead you will be the one defining the realm of possible in analytics for Hyperoptic. You will employ your knowledge and skills in advanced analytics, predictive modelling and insights generation, embedding them into the context of the overarching business, financial and economic models and metrics underpinning the business to shape the strategic direction of Hyperoptic. You will help the organisation and businesses to better understand industry and market trends, competition and customer behaviour and preferences and decide on how to go about it. You are a pivotal member of high impact strategic projects delivering insights using cutting edge data science methods and techniques, leveraging on all available data sources (structured and unstructured), with ability to communicate these effectively. We expect innovation, creativity, and solutions that will have a significant impact on Hyperoptic future. Does this sound like you?
What will you be doing?
- Identify and utilize all available sources of data and information (structured, unstructured, fragmented, publicly available information, press releases, financial reports, etc.), in order to make interlinks, assumptions and clear business insights as valid foundation for strategic business decisions
- Identify underlining trends and patterns, stepping aside from obvious, providing fresh view on data, and generate new ideas in format of structured, deliverable proposals and projects, that are communicated in simple and easy-to-understand way
- Build, train and test statistical data models for forecasting development of market value drivers, provide directions for future rollout plans, investments and alternative business models, create bases for scenarios, modelling potential changes in the industry and the market
- Take initiative to experiment with various technologies, available methodologies and tools with vision of creating innovative data-driven insights for the business, building frameworks and tools to empower advanced data analytics area
- Transfer your knowledge to younger team members and to analysts in the wider organization. Define the art of possible and shape analytics journey of Hyperoptic.
What are we looking for?
- BSc and MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Operational Research or related field would be desirable
- Knowledge of advanced analytics techniques including descriptive and predictive analytics and optimization techniques to mining big data sets
- Experience with data visualization solutions (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, qGIS)
- Knowledge of Data Science and ML scripting such as Python/R
- Proven ability to create visually engaging analysis outputs and present to senior management in simple to understand way
- Working experience in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a non-hierarchical manner across multiple teams
- Advanced English skills
Why are we the best place for work?
We are based in three beautiful locations in Senjak with:
- Catered lunch every day
- Basketball court and table tennis
- Fresh fruit every week
- Massage on site
- Pet friendly office
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
What happens next?
- You apply.
- We carefully review your application over a decent cup of coffee.
- We'll get back to you. Even if it's a no (at the moment).
Hyperoptic has been recognized in the top three for the Best Recruitment Process amongst Belgrade IT Companies, three years in a row.
And don't forget to keep an eye on our careers site as we're growing fast.
We look forward to hearing from you!