Sqreen is the application security platform for the modern enterprise. More than 800 organizations trust Sqreen to protect, observe and test their applications, APIs and microservices. As opposed to pattern-based approaches, Sqreen analyses in-app execution in real time to deliver more robust security without compromising performance. This empowers security owners to easily extend protection and visibility across their entire application portfolio without requiring on-going maintenance and tuning. With Sqreen, organizations of all sizes can strengthen their application security, decrease the number of security incidents and resolve incidents more quickly when they do occur.
For more information, please visit www.sqreen.com
What we need your help with:
Are you a technical leader working with agent based technologies? We’re looking to bring onboard a Principal Engineer for our Agent Squad (you can read more about our microagent technology here). This role will be responsible for driving the overall technical vision across our entire agent library (7 languages and counting!).
The ideal candidate will have strong technical leadership experience in a similar domain as well as experience driving and delivering results in a product-focused, dynamic environment.
This role reports to Nuno, our VP of Engineering and the Principal Engineer can be based in our Paris office or remote across Europe (we currently have team members in 4 cities in France with others in Lisbon, London and Edinburgh for example!)
- Help set the agents roadmap
- Advise agent owners on technical design and architecture
- Guide each of the 7 agent owners in the adoption of cross-agent formats, protocols, and interfaces
- Define the north star for Sqreen agents, keep track of gaps, and prioritise improvement
- Define and implement a cross-agent quality strategy
- Promote practices and tools to track and improve agent quality, resilience, and performance
- Share insights on industry trends and competitors with agent owners and leadership
- Share domain expertise and vision for Sqreen agent technology through a variety of networks (social media, tech blogs, tech events, etc.)
- High level of emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Excellent user empathy - we are a Product and People first company!
- Excellent communication skills - we work in English in a distributed and international context
- Expertise and technical leadership experience with agent based technology (e.g Datadog, New Relic, Dynatrace, AppDynamics)
- Experience building agents in 1+ of the following languages: Ruby, Node.js, Python, Go, Java, or .NET
- Understanding of low-level programming (C/C++ development is a plus)
Sqreeners come from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Diversity is important to us, so if you're unsure, please apply!
Why work for Sqreen:
- Be part of an incredibly talented team who are passionate about democratising security
- Join at a crucial stage of our development with a huge amount of runway for you to add value
- Beautiful 'Sqreenhouses' in central Paris (Sentier), and San Francisco (SoMa) - our Paris office is currently open but many Sqreeners work remotely
- An international, English speaking work environment
- Contribute tangibly to our core product, bringing value to our customers each and every week
- Join a product-focused company, with a deep commitment to learning
- Access to our broad network of Founders, Peers and Investors in Paris and San Francisco
- Enjoy premium health insurance, healthy snacks every day in the office and coached Sport sessions every fortnight (currently virtual)
- Generous leave allowance
- Sqreenity session every quarter - one paid week to explore a topic of your choice
- Brown Bag Lunches: monthly opportunities to learn new topics from other Sqreeners or outside experts
- A relaxed working environment with regular social activities
Sqreen’s Hiring Process:
- 45 minute video call with our local Talent Partner
- 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Take home exercise, if applicable
- Virtual onsite with the team - 4 hours total
- Video call with Pierre, CEO of Sqreen
- Reference sqreen
On average the whole process takes 2-3 weeks end to end, but we're pretty flexible!