As an Android engineer, you will work closely with designers, user researchers, data scientists, product managers, and the engineers that support the developer platform and infrastructure. You will use your passion and in-depth knowledge of all things Android to craft the client components and features that will shape the future.
You're someone who excels at user-centric product development and has a passion for making beautiful, smooth, delightful mobile experiences.
- Top-notch programming skills in an object-oriented language like Java, Kotlin, or C++
- Previous experience developing mobile applications (on Android)
- Experience implementing new features and optimizing existing ones
- Technical depth that allows you to rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Experience working closely across a variety of teams including product management, interaction designers, and engineers
- A detailed approach to writing tests and quality assurance
- Advocacy of the principles of accessibility and the ability to build interfaces accessible to users with disabilities
- Knowledge of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience developing mobile applications on Android
Status: Long Term contract
Location: Seattle / New York – Position can be Remote
Since 2000, Akvelon has specialized in placing top software engineering talent at Fortune 500 Companies and start-ups alike. We were ranked in Comparably’s 2018 list of Top 15 Best Companies in Seattle, and were voted one of the Puget Sound Business Journal’s fastest growing companies for several years.
Akvelon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
Deadline for applications: 01.12.2021.