What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a developer with experience and passion for animation technology, to join the MetaHuman Creator team. You will be working with animators, riggers, and the Unreal Engine development team. You will be responsible for solving problems related to quality, performance, and ease-of-use of our groundbreaking digital humans, now available to all UE users. This includes topics such as LODs, retargeting, rigging, modularity, collision and hair.
In this role you will
- Be the interface between the MetaHuman and Unreal Engine Animation dev teams.
- Fix issues and collaborate with technical animators to solve complex problems related to high quality digital humans.
- Help support internal and external users in getting the most out of MetaHumans.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent C++ coding skills
- Experience with game animation systems (features such as IK, state machines, blend shapes etc)
- Enthusiasm for working with a talented, multidisciplinary team of artists, animators and programmers.
- Attention to detail, and a desire to get the best possible outcome.
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine, especially its animation system.
- Experience with rigging and/or physics systems for characters (e.g. cloth sim)
- Experience with 3rd party animation software (e.g. Maya)
- Experience working across multiple platforms (e.g. consoles, mobile phones), including performance and memory optimization.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Deadline for applications: 09.07.2021.