Position Title: Application Implementation Specialist
Team: None, working in cooperation with other departments
Reports to: CIO (Chief Information Officer)
Minimum Years of Experience: 3+ working with Project Teams
The Application Implementation Specialist is responsible for leading the implementation and training for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central at company sites.
The scope of work includes in-depth participation and conducting the business requirements review, configuring software, training end users on the software, and writing status reports.
The Application Implementation Specialist will provide in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 application and evaluate the company’s business processes against the standard functionalities with guidance from the company’s Project Manager.
- Drives the Business Process Analysis and Modeling to ensure the company adopts best practices that streamline operations.
- As requested, conducts project reviews to ensure compliance with project goals and operability of solution. Manage the quality of the deliverables throughout the project life cycle.
- Work with the company team through the full cycle of the implementation from analyzing the company’s business requirements to configuring the application to meet those company’s needs to end-user training and go-live support.
- Collaborates with stakeholders throughout the company’s organization to gather a comprehensive set of requirements, that those requirements align with business objectives while gaining a full understanding of current business processes.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of the application and evaluates the company’s business processes against the standard functionality.
- Follows the use of the prescribed implementation methodology, understands the key activities and deliverables for the company’s engagement.
- Facilitates the company’s decision-making process and works with the team with configuration, functional design documentation, and user acceptance testing and training.
- Continuously drives process improvement in the implementation methodology and best practices.
- Responsible for user’s helpdesk service escalations and transition to Support Team.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and provides ideas and solutions as well as training opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years working with project teams in software installation, configuration, customization, or implementation with Enterprise Accounting software package (preferably D365)
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to take ownership of tasks and activities and drive them to completion
- Able to quickly learn new technologies to explain all products and services.
- Software troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills .
- Able to follow a project plan with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Submit Time and Expense Reports each week according to company policy.
- Able to work in a team and the matrixed environment.
- Must be able to travel 50-75% required.
- Possible travel on weekends or holidays. Able to work additional hours at company sites as requested.
- Participate in after-hour meetings with management. Initiate recommendations for personal education and career objectives.
Additional qualifications & skills:
- Higher Education is preferred.
- Experience with Sales, Finance, and Accounting processes, including but not limited to; Sales, GL, AR, AP, Budgeting, Cash Management, Payroll, Capital Assets.
- Successful completion of current Microsoft certification exams is preferred (MB-800).
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics functionality and infrastructure
- Consulting experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 BC application with a focus on business process modeling and software implementation preferred.
- Experience working with a multicultural and multilingual team across several countries