At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Application Security Engineer
Hopin Security is looking for an Application Security Engineer to help validate that our Hopin Hybrid Events platform and its product suite (Hopin,StreamYard, Jamm) is designed and implemented to the highest security standards.
You will participate in analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues, building security automation, and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios.
You will work cross-functionally with other security, infrastructure and development teams, developing tooling and helping them implement security into their deployment pipelines.
- Perform infrastructure and application security testing
- Integrate Security Reviews into CI/CD pipelines
- Perform Static Application Security Testing
- Perform Vulnerability scans on infrastructure
- Manage, validate vulnerabilities reported through Hopin's Responsible Disclosure and work with development team to remediate them
- Perform review and provide guidance on hardening of cloud resources
- Contribute to the design, communication and adoption of a Software Development Lifecycle incorporating Security architecture principles
- Provide domain expertise on protective controls including system, network, encryption and authentication services
- Participate in Security evaluations and research of platforms, products and services
- Work closely with members of the SRE, Development, IT and information security teams to drive impactful changes to the company's network defense posture
- Work closely with the compliance and governance teams to implement compliance and security requirements
- Work with infrastructure and product teams to ensure that they have secure-by-default systems
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems
- 5 years + of experience working in commercial environment performing security testing or related software development roles
- Experience with security testing methodologies and standards such as OWASP, OSSTMM
- Demonstrable experience learning technologies on your own
- Experience operating in an GitOps managed AWS environment
- Experience with JSON REST APIs
- Expert familiarity with automated testing tools
- Experience working outside with Audit and Testing resources
- Experience working with Git
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Great written and spoken English
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders-can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Comfortable in a collaborative environment, reaching across teams and focusing on business outcomes
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.
Deadline for applications: 23.10.2021.