Inovatec is an exciting growth company based in Burnaby, BC, established in 2006. We are North America’s leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the automotive, motorcycle, powersports, and equipment financing industries. Our solutions are used by some of the largest banks, credit unions, and finance companies in Canada and the U.S.
At Inovatec, we foster a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages collaboration where we grow together and win as a team. It’s important that we live up to our four core values: make sound decisions, get better every day, find a way, and we before me. We thrive by challenging the status quo to push the industry forward, and we know when to have fun! With team members across North America and Europe, we’re committed to investing in the development of our team, no matter where they’re located.
This is an opportunity to join a passionate group of innovators at a fast-growing company: over the last 5 years, we have more than doubled in size, and we expect to double again in the next 5 years. This position will be an integral part of our Product Operations Team as we head into the next phase of our growth.
We’re looking for an Application Support Analyst to join our Product Operations Team. As a member of the team you are responsible for handling the lifecycle of incidents and proactive monitoring for our product systems. You will collaborate with customer service, technical specialists, system operators, and remote team members, to resolve day to day incidents and problems related to the Inovatec applications and cloud hosting infrastructure.
You are able to think like a customer, make sound decisions, overcome hurdles, follow through on commitments, have a thirst for learning, and bring a positive attitude while working in a team environment.
- Resolve daily incidents and problems escalated by various teams, customers, and system alerts
- Participate in day-to-day operations and maintenance of our product hosting infrastructure
- Make recommendations of processes and technologies that will improve efficiency and effectiveness to the team
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Good understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Good technical experience of common database technologies, such as SQL Database/Server and Web app development, .Net development, Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Understanding of infrastructure architecture, including public and private cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security and storage.
- Understanding of access management, administration, and application support.
- Understanding of ITIL processes, CMDB, and change management
- Understanding of IT infrastructure, including performing backups, upgrading and patching, performance tuning, monitoring, alerting, deployments, and disaster recovery.
- Good working knowledge of these technologies: Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Network firewalls, PowerShell, .Net, PagerDuty, New Relic, Jira, Confluence, Office 365, Teams, Sharepoint, Visio.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Analytical and process oriented, with a proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Exceptional incident troubleshooting and root cause documentation skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related
- 2 years of production application support and incident response experience within a cloud hosted platform
- 2 years of implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting web and SQL servers
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals AZ-900; Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate AZ-103 (Preferred, not mandatory)
Our core values:
Make sound decisions: We put ourselves in our customer's shoes, always ensuring we have the right facts and focus on solving the right problems.
Find a way: No matter the challenge, we overcome hurdles, seek out solutions, and follow through on commitments to consistently exceed expectations.
Get better every day: With our growth mindset and positive attitude, we apply our passion for innovation not just to our products, but also to ourselves.
We before me: Our collaborative spirit pushes us to act without ego, to communicate openly and honestly, and to win as a team.
What we offer:
- Long term, full-time employment (8 hours per day, Monday-Friday) in office in Belgrade or Kragujevac (during COVID-19 we can work from home, work from the office is an option if you adhere to all health and safety on work measures)
- Preferred (not mandatory) working hours 12:00 noon to 08:00 PM Serbian time
- Growth potential
- Opportunity to be part of a highly talented, professional and friendly team in a dynamic working environment
- The ability to use cutting edge technologies
- Excellent working conditions and equipment
- Further professional development
- Relaxed, casual and stress-free, yet professional working environment
- Very competitive salaries and performance-based bonuses
- Private health insurance
- Private pension
- Fully covered sick leave
- Udemy for business account
- All benefits paid pursuant to relevant Serbian laws
- Soft drinks, tea, coffee
- Social activities and a very friendly working environment