Introducing Arcadis Gen
Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
Arcadis Gen’s Product & Technology domain is developing a number of new desktop and mobile products with automated testing being a key part of the development process. Technical teams produce unit/integration tests as part of their standard workflow but we have a strong need for a Senior Automated Test Engineer to develop automated scenario tests to interact with application screens directly.
Our Product & Technology department have developed their own in-house testing framework that is focused on browser testing and enhancement to provide specific utilities for Maximo based web applications. This framework is under constant development and now needs extending to support automatic scenario testing of mobile application screens via Appium.
Core responsibilities include:
Development of Automated Testing Framework: The Product & Technology domain’s testing framework is to be extended to support the testing of mobile application screens via Appium. The role will work closely within the framework product owner to develop the capabilities to support this. The senior role is expected to feed into this design considerably.
Writing Automated Tests: The role will be expected to use the extended framework to write automated scenario/screen tests for mobile applications with Appium and Cucumber.
Story Estimation: Adding storypoint estimates against configuration activities (user stories, features or improvements) and ensuring the assigned storypoints are delivered according to the Sprint schedule.
Collobaration: The senior automated test engineer will closely with product owners and architecture owners to ensure full test coverage is delivered according to sprint requirements. The role will also mentor junior testing roles in their framework mobile extensions and good practice for test script development.
- Extend internal testing framework to support mobile application testing using Appium or similar.
- Demonstrations of, and documentation for, mobile application testing.
- Translation of functional requirements to test scripts and scenarios. Creation of test plans.
- Develop, maintain and execute automated scripts
- Execute different types of tests such as functional, load, stress, security and regression tests.
- Monitor test execution, gather metrics and provide reports to the team or management.
- Participate in designing and building testing framework and defining testing standards.
Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
- This role will work within one or more scrum technical teams, reporting to Architecture Owners within the Products & Technology domain. They will be expected to take directions from product owners, especially the product owner of the testing framework.
- It will collaborate closely with other sub domains with the P&T Domain and Infrastructure Engineering Services:
- Product Owners
- Technical Architects
- Development/Technical Team
- Infrastructure Engineers
- Scrum Masters
- Scrum Team Members
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with good problem-solving skills. They will have demonstrable skills/knowledge in the area of automated testing, specifically of mobile applications using technologies such as Appium and Cucumber. These technologies are preferred but skills in similar will be considered. The candidate will have enough experience to take the lead on the design of the mobile extensions to our testing framework, and mentor a junior role to write scenario test scripts using best practices. They will also be proficient in designing test scripts to ensure good functional coverage.
The candidate must be a self-starter who will plan and prioritize their work effectively to deliver across several small scrum teams.
- Fluent in English Language.
- 5+ years of experience with testing web and mobile applications.
- Understanding of mobile and web architectures, software development and networking.
- Excellent knowledge of testing methodologies, design and implementation.
- Ability to design test cases and test plans.
- Experience in bug tracking tools (Jira), test case management tools (XRay) and test automation tools (Selenium, Appium, JMeter and SoapUI).
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate education in a relevant degree or subsequent applicable work history
- Experience of agile methodology: SCRUM and Continuous Integration
Who is Arcadis
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.