Our partner SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG is an innovative network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with forward-looking products. SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG offers its customers the best tools to make their life decisions. Their portfolio includes Real Estate, Automotive, General Marketplaces, and Finance and Insurance topics.
Thanks to innovative technologies and services, our partner is working hard to adapt to the new changes the market is facing in the future, from electro-mobility to different forms of ownership, changing buyer behaviour, and transformations within the supply market and to maintain their position as the leading marketplace to buy cars and motorcycles in Switzerland.
Together with our partner, we are building an engineering team that will be fully integrated with the Zurich-based team and we are looking for a software engineer to join us in Belgrade as BI Developer who will be responsible for defining and implementing business metrics and building dashboards to surface insights and help the teams measure the impact of their work. You are technically well versed and you like discussing how a specific metric can help us understand the business better. You speak up if there might be a better metric (because you might already have implemented such) and therefore, are an integral part of making the company and all our colleagues better at what we do.
- Responsible for the Automotive BI platform, modelling of data therein, and its adoption within the teams.
- Build a platform that other data domains can use to connect their data sources, model, and report on their most important metrics.
- Develop logical data models
- Develop intuitive dashboards that help the teams to make business decisions (and don't just look nice)
- Help colleagues to understand the BI Platform with its dashboards, etc. so they can help themselves (self-service)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or equivalent
- You bring with you experience of best practices from your past roles as a BI Developer
- Good understanding of database and data model concepts
- Good analytical skills and advanced knowledge of SQL
- Data auditing skills to verify data integrity, understand discrepancies, and resolve them effectively
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Familiarity with analytical/reporting solutions like (ideally) Looker, Tableau, PowerBI is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices and automation of documentation, testing, build, deployment, configuration, and monitoring
Nice to have:
- Master's degree in a related technical field
- Hands-on experience building data pipelines using Fivetran, BigQuery, dbt, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud solutions, Microservices, with specific expertise in the implementation of data warehouses, data marts, etc.
- Understanding of ETL best practices, scalability, complex process management
- Industry experience in online marketplaces and/or digital businesses
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours.
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and training, as we are dedicated to giving all our team members the opportunity to further enhance their knowledge.
- Lots of team activities and perks: yearly retreats, workshops, hackathons.
- Work with an international team of world-class engineers.
- A modern, sunny and open working place with a positive and fun atmosphere.
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally.
- Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know and after the successful probation period come and collect a well-deserved referral fee!