We’re looking for an experienced or senior C++ Developer to join a growing team of highly intelligent back-end developers. You'll be learning and collaborating together to build something amazing that will delight our users.
Location: Remote/distributed (EU time zone) or on-site in UK (paid relocation and visa sponsorship)
#Diversity #WomenInTech #BlackLivesMatter
You will report into the Lead Developer, and you will be part of the team working with the VP of Technology and the Product Owner to build the next generation of Synergy, leading the development of core-components, user interfaces for our desktop apps, e-commerce website back-end, and our cloud infrastructure. You'll be working with a team of highly intelligent software developers, learning and collaborating together to build something amazing that will delight our users. To learn more about Synergy, see our Synergy Roadmap.
About Symless and Synergy:
Our mission is to help people use multiple computers together in one seamless and cohesive experience. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, our product is regularly featured on top tech channels like Linus Tech Tips, a channel with over 10.4 million viewers. It's also used at some pretty neat companies like Apple, Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more. That said, we're actually a very small company of 20 people, so you won't get lost in the crowd.
- Collaborate with peers to deliver high-quality code
- Communicate complex ideas and help guide the team to a solution
- Maintain low-level system components
- Contribute to our open-source projects
- Share your ideas with the whole team
- Try out new technologies and innovate
- Code using test-driven-development
- Testing your own code thoroughly
- Engage in escalated support tickets to the team
We'll need you to have:
- Excellent English communication skills
Professional development experience:
- Win32, Carbon, and/or Xlib (all 3 would be awesome, but not required)
- Maintenance and improvement of a complex codebase
- Memory management
- Low-latency networking
Development experience on at least two of these OS:
It would also be nice if you had experience with:
Linux servers (we host our apps on Linux)
Test-driven-development, unit testing, integration testing
Thanks for checking us out and we look forward to the opportunity to get to know you personally!