Can you talk for hours about the interesting products you have worked on and the simple solutions you've developed by leveraging application patterns, cloud services, or open-source technology? Do you just love working with code and being the go-to senior software engineer on your team? Do you feel empowered when given the opportunity to be the owner and the gatekeeper of a fast-growing, high-stake codebase? If so, then this job is for you.
This is a unique opportunity to embark on the journey of building brand new, disruptive, fast-growing, cloud-first products using the bleeding-edge in serverless cloud patterns.
What you will be doing:
- Develop the most complex features and fix the toughest bugs on the back-end codebase of our cloud-based products
- Make heavy use of AWS and GCP serverless patterns to provide the simplest, lowest cost-of-ownership solution
- Establish and maintain a high level of codebase quality through the well-written, high-coverage unit and integration tests
- Be the gate-keeper on the entire back-end codebase - review the work of other engineers on the team to make sure it's above both your and the team's bar
- Provide valuable and insightful coaching to other engineers in the team, helping them reach your level of mastery and code-simplicity
What you will NOT be doing:
- Small bug-fixes or features on outdated monolithic codebases
- Tedious infrastructure work to enable poorly written products to continue running
- People management
- Get stuck on long meetings discussing roadmaps, product plans, and priorities
- Communicating with important project stakeholders to deeply understand product use-cases
- Creating high-quality, simple, flexible code that meets the technical specification (both correct and complete)
- Developing code across a large number of products and industries, instead of being siloed on a single product for years
- Reviewing all code changes and holding them up to the highest quality standards
- Providing technical coaching to the more junior people on the team and your peers
- A university degree that included an in-depth study of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, computer architecture, and software engineering
- At least 5 years of back-end software development experience in which you wrote object-oriented code
- A role where in the last 3 years where most of your job was either actively writing or reviewing code of more junior developers
- A role in your career where you were the lead engineer on a product or component where you were responsible for the quality of the code of other developers
Nice to have:
- Experience with leveraging tier 1 cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure) for building cloud-first applications
- Experience with serverless cloud patterns for major cloud providers (eg. AWS Lambda, API Gateway)
Deadline for applications: 10.12.2021.
Misija Crossover-a je da demokratizuje pristup uticajnim, visoko plaćenim poslovima. Regrutuje isključivo kandidate sa izuzetnim veštinama i radim sa najboljim svetskim kompanijama.