We are looking for an experienced Backend developer and software engineer primarily responsible for the development of systems to be used by AVA Information Systems. The position will be responsible for developing scalable services, real-time streaming systems and analytics systems. Must be familiar with the entire software development life cycle, including software design, implementation, maintenance, and support.
- Be part of a fun, energetic, fast-paced team that is transforming the concept of safety in the world,
- Help develop web-based systems and applications to communicate and retrieve the data relevant to our clients,
- Research and apply the best tools for the job,
- Develop an API that will be used by many different frontends,
- Ensure that services can handle large amounts of data while maintaining low response times,
- Help develop highly available cloud services that work 24/7 to provide critical information to clients in a timely manner,
- Help develop a robust, highly available streaming system integrating unstructured data from various sources.
- Strong experience with object-oriented languages, such as Java and C# (3+ medior, 5+ senior),
- Experience with relational databases and an understanding of how they work,
- Knowledge of REST and experience with designing Restful APIs,
- Experience with developing cloud-based applications,
- Experience with team development using Git and GitHub,
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and object-oriented design best practices.
- Great problem-solving skills, and the ability and confidence to hack their way out of tight corners,
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines,
- Conscientious, self-motivated, and goal orientated,
- Excellent attention to detail and written and verbal English communication skills,
- Willingness and an enthusiastic attitude to work within existing processes/methodologies.
- Experience with Go and Python,
- Experience with nontraditional databases (document stores, text search engines, key-value stores, in-memory databases etc),
- Experience with gRPC and Protobuf (or some other RPC and binary protocol),
- Experience working with Apache Kafka or any other stream processing system.
Someone who wants to be part of a meaningful mission and contribute to a good cause. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to follow your interests, to learn and grow, building and strengthening an organization others look up to.
Sounds like you? Come and join us in this interesting and meaningful role, a great team, and a holistic purpose.
Sounds interesting? Please send your cover letter and CV electronically.
Deadline for applications: 21.09.2021.