Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company, and we're at the forefront of the container and microservices adoption in the enterprise. We're the people who are making reliable, secure containers a reality for enterprises everywhere.
We're passionate about solving the most complex operational challenges that companies face when they transition to Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud-native architectures on a massive scale. We offer the best of both worlds: we're a well-funded startup ($121.5 million) with a 300+ enterprise customer base (300 and counting). And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Have we gotten your attention yet?
Sysdig was born from open source, so your work here will cross the divide between developer-led OSS and battle-tested commercial software at scale. We're proud that our open source tools are widely used and loved by technologists and developers. Falco, our open-source container security project, is now a part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and rapidly scaling. We're big fans of Prometheus too!
You will work alongside an established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position. Our customer base is growing fast and so is the scale demanded of our backend. As a consequence, we're embarking on a major re-architecting of our platform.
We're looking for a:
Backend Software Engineer
Who is passionate about building simple, scalable services to deal with complex data, to work in our Container Intelligence Platform that impacts Enterprise customers.
What You'll Be Doing
You'll lead projects as part of this scale-out effort that will allow us to handle the next orders of magnitude. Examples of such projects include writing Kafka-based streaming services.
- Distribute query engine targeting of our Cassandra and ElasticSearch data store
- Optimize ingest pipeline
- Put machine learning features into production
- Handle both monitoring and security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
What You Should Bring
- Prior experience building and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Production experience with at least one of Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, or similar technologies
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures and algorithms
- Java experience highly preferred
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive "can do" attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- An appetite for varied data
Why Join Sysdig
Cloud-native is fundamentally changing how organizations build and run applications to fully take advantage of the cloud computing model. Sysdig is the cloud-native intelligence company making it happen. Join us and you'll be working at the cutting-edge of infrastructure technology and the birth of an entirely new industry. Be the one who solves the hard challenges of operating Kubernetes and Containers at scale - and have fun doing it with a great group of people.