Big Data Engineer
Location: Belgrade, Serbia / California, USA
Our customer is one of the world's largest technology companies based in Silicon Valley with operations all over the world. On this project, we are working with bleeding-edge big data technologies to develop a high-performance data analytics platform, which handles petabytes of data. We are looking for an enthusiastic and technology-proficient Big Data Developer, who is eager to participate in the design and implementation of a top-notch big data solution that will be deployed at a massive scale.
You are welcome to apply even if you are not interested in relocation to the USA - we are expanding our local expertise in Belgrade as well.
- Participate in the design and development of a big data analytics application
- Design, support and continuously enhance the project codebase, continuous integration pipeline, etc.
- Write complex ETL processes and frameworks for analytics and data management
- Implement large-scale near real-time streaming data processing pipelines
- Work with a team of industry experts on cutting-edge big data technologies to develop solutions for deployment at massive scale
- Strong knowledge of Java/Scala/Python
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop and Spark, experience with data mining and stream processing technologies (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka Streams)
- Understanding the best practices in data quality and quality engineering
- Experience with version control systems, Git in particular
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
Will be a plus:
- Knowledge of Unix-based operating systems (bash/ssh/ps/grep etc.)
- Experience with Github-based development processes
- Experience with JVM build systems (SBT, Maven, Gradle)
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Benefits program
- Professional development opportunities
- For Candidates interested in the USA opportunity we offer a great Relocation package
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.