Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
Site Reliability Engineer - Big Data
As a Site Reliability Engineer in Big Data you will work within a team of world-class engineers to establish and maintain infrastructure which is critical in enabling Kraken to make data-driven decisions.You'll be responsible for helping keep our data platform online and operating at full efficiency. The data platform processes hundreds of thousands of records per second and must provide stable and rapid access for all of our internal users and systems.You'll also have the opportunity to leverage your expertise and help implement best practices with regards to operating data infrastructure in Kubernetes and AWS.
- Monitor and support data infrastructure in UAT and production environments
- Manage infrastructure releases using Kubernetes
- Collaborate with data engineers and data software engineers to improve infrastructure stability, monitoring, and alerting.
- Participate in support rotations to help respond to infrastructure issues
- 3+ years in a DevOps role (SRE, Data Ops, DevOps, etc...)
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Linux, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience using Git as a version control system
- Previous experience operating one or more of the following tools: Debezium, Mirrormaker, Kafka, Druid, Superset, or Airflow.
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Terraform
- Experience with Helm and Helm chart customization
- Experience with Go or Python programming languages
- Experience managing EMR or maintaining hosted Jupyter/Zeppelin environments
- Knowledge of AWS best practices
- Understanding of best practices with regards to alerting and monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with Slack, JIRA, or Gitlab APIs
- Passion for crypto
This role will help the Big Data team stabilize it's infrastructure to scale with the growing demand on our existing tools such as Superset and Airflow. It will also help stabilize our data pipelines to ensure tools like Superset and Zeppelin can provide accurate data in a timely manner.
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Watch "Top 10 Qualities of Kraken - How to Grow a Decacorn Remixed""
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedI
Deadline for applications: 15.10.2021.n