NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
NCR is seeking individuals with demonstrated capability in the applied analytic and/or data science space. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our BI/Data Supply Team as a Big Data Specialist.
This role will be engaged in the design and development of analytical solutions across all the Services Business within NCR. The key requirements for this position are demonstrated abilities to communicate complex ideas, leverage mathematical concepts to effectively model business processes, and decipher and solve the toughest business problems.
“Big Data” analytics is happening right now at NCR. Our company is looking to supplement the current analytics effort with excited and driven individuals to help design, develop, and deploy advanced data analytics and decision intelligence to continue revolutionizing this 130+ year old business. If you are looking for an opportunity to inject your ideas and influence a growing data driven culture and gain operational experience with Big Data, NCR is the right place for you.
- Translation of business use cases to analytical data applications and models;
- Cooperation with business in understanding the needed metrics and defining the key data required for these metrics;
- Researching the databases in order to find the best available data for the specific analysis. Cooperation with IT on understanding the system sources of the data. Testing different data sources, making conclusions and advising other team members;
- Bringing the data from different data platforms/sources (Microsoft Azure, Teradata, Oracle, EDL, Excel files) to one single data source requested for the analysis;
- Manipulating, aggregating and deriving useful information from data stored across many sources and different databases;
- Work on automatization of current reporting processes via SQL and Python;
- Close cooperation with other members of services analytics team in order to drive the implementation of the analytical solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, Economics or equivalent experience;
- 1-3 years of experience in the applied analytic space;
- SQL Proficiency;
- Programming skills & experience in Python required. Other languages with respect to application in data analytics preferred;
- Knowledge of services metrics, or readiness to quickly learn about services metrics across all business divisions (Financial, Hospitality and Retail);
- Genuine curiosity about both, business and technical solutions. Capacity of rapid learning with high independency, ability for critical thinking and creativity in finding the solutions;
- Willingness to learn: Develop expertise in areas outside of core comfort zone and learn from experienced members of the team;
Additional Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to apply data analysis to solve business problems;
- Self-motivated, results driven person able to work with minimum supervision;
- Intellectually curious: Willingness to research, try solutions and work through failures;
- Excellent team player – able to work effectively with wider team members from IT developers and operations personnel through senior management;
- Experience in solutions that leverage distributed processing of large data sets (e.g. MapReduce, Hadoop, Aster).
- Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.