Founded in 2009, Holland Mountain has for over the last decade been the leading European consulting firm delivering operational improvements and maximising efficiency in the private equity, private debt, real estate and infrastructure sectors. In 2018 Holland Mountain acquired a Data Analytics company and focussed on developing a Data Platform using intelligent automation to accelerate the provision of Data Analytics to clients with the private capital space. Our team of Data Scientists combined with Holland Mountain’s Private Capital Experts is at the forefront of Private Capital technology innovation, enabling our clients to achieve ‘one source of truth’ and delivering best-in-class reporting and visualisation results within 4 – 6 weeks.
About the role and team:
You will be joining a team of developers, senior data architects, data analysts, business analysts and consultants to deliver custom data warehousing solutions to private capital clients. This is not a typical Data Analyst role - the natural career progression here will lead to a Technical Business Analyst career path. You will engage directly with client stakeholders to better understand their requirements and to drive subsequent analysis of data, solutions prototyping, documentation, testing, and working directly with developers on projects to help them better understand requirements and in turn deliver data solutions. The role offers a mixture of business analysis, data modelling and stakeholder engagement as you will be a point of liaison between the client and development team.
As well as having excellent Excel skills, you will also have experience of working in a client-facing environment and/or working within a team developing solutions to customer requirements. Relevant prior experience can be from any industry, and knowledge of financial services is not required but may prove beneficial (as would a financial-related degree). Candidates with experience of working with data and BI tools will also be at an advantage.
- Project-oriented with experience of stakeholder management and client engagement
- Experience of requirements gathering, leading / attending workshops, creating prototypes, data modelling and translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Delivery and deadline focussed; confidence & ability to handle issues, flag blockers and manage changes to scope of timeline with efficiency
- Great communication & interpersonal skills; comfortable communicating with clients, especially senior stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Prior experience of PowerBI and/or other BI data reporting tools will be beneficial
- Knowledge of technologies such as SQL, Python, DAX and Tableau, is not essential but any experience or understanding will be advantageous.
- Specific financial services industry experience or knowledge (i.e. a financial related degree) will be required