Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband network. Founded in 2011 to shake up the UK broadband market, we're leading the way in full fibre technology. With hyperfast speeds 11x faster than the UK average, we're changing the way people are experiencing broadband.
We established Hyperoptic's Belgrade office in 2013, starting with only 20 Developers to support the business. As of today we are 400 people and growing superfast - once a small start-up has become a success story in Belgrade, with over 1300 employees globally.
Due to continuous expansion Hyperoptic are hiring for a Business Analyst who goes beyond the expected. We believe in working smarter together, whilst our teams stay focused and people passionately strive for excellence. As Business Analyst your mission will be to help with the development of a delivery plan, working with other teams in Technology & Innovation, support any potential escalations into the team as well as identify and lead improvement opportunities relevant to increased efficiency of ways of working and increase value of deliverables and support projects through the early stages of project governance. As an expert in assigned process areas, the Business Analyst shall be a point of contact for the division in discussing opportunities, challenges, competitions and strategy and thus working together, as suitable in building the roadmap for the future. The role needs to have a clear understanding of the Hyperoptic strategy, the long-term business plan and the strategy maps across the board to facilitate those discussions and capture business requirements. The role shall also understand the existing IT and Network landscape and provide support to solutions design teams and implementation teams, making sure they are aligned with the needs of all stakeholders. Does this sound like you?
What will you be doing?
- Engages as part of the initial project request and preliminary scoring: facilitates workshops or other creative methods to elicit requirements and ensure cross-departmental alignment across diverse stakeholder groups.
- Manages scoping in order to define if a technical solution or a process change/improvement is needed. In case of a technical solution need, proceeds with business requirements capturing, reviews them versus business strategy and various evaluation criteria, and provides the outcome for solution design and delivery. Assists business stakeholders with business case development, working with the customer, solution design teams / Architecture, Finance and vendors.
- Obtains process efficiencies, devises strategies for improvement and solutions to align technology with business goals, in particular where automation can be obtained to reduce likelihood of data inaccuracy or impact on speed in delivery.
- Ensures that systems changes are thoroughly accounted for in plans and properly defined, including technical debt and operations/capacity requirements and collaborates with Solution Design Authority / Architect and hands over for solution design.
- Partners with divisions in Hyperoptic and acts as first point of contact for executives and management, identifies business needs and maps end-to-end processes for key business activities and contributes to the division roadmap creation as suitable.
- Helps the Head of Business Design & Technology Partnering create centre of excellence for business analysis in Hyperoptic, working closely with solution design teams and Architecture.
What are we looking for?
- Information Systems Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, or related degree; Business Administration or
- Management degree or training would be desirable
- Business analysis certification (BCS, CBAP/CCBA, PMI-PBA, or similar) / Process analysis/improvement certification (Lean/Six Sigma, or similar)
- Experience with working in business/systems analysis, solutions architecture, business improvement consultancy, or a similar role
- Experience of various tools and techniques e.g. walkthroughs, requirements analysis, modelling, UML Use Case, Activity Diagrams, process and customer experience mapping tools
- Consulting roles, business analysis, process improvement, business operations, programme and project management background
- Strong Influencing and negotiation skills, analytical skills, critical thinking, and business acumen, with the ability to analyse complex data, systems, and processes, and present clear and concise information and strong stakeholder management
- Proficiency in common tools used to document requirements, design processes, and present information (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Using several of the business and process analysis techniques, such as Interviews, Observation, Surveys, Functional Decomposition, Data Modelling, Interface Analysis, Metrics and Key Performance Indicators, Process Modelling, Value Stream Maps, Data Flow Diagrams (DFD), Business Process Model and Notation diagrams (BPMN), Storyboarding, Risk Analysis, State-Transition Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Statistical Analysis, Use Cases, User Stories, SWAT analysis, RACI matrices, or similar.
Why are we the best place for work?
We are based in three beautiful locations in Senjak with:
- Catered lunch every day
- Basketball court and table tennis
- Fresh fruit every week
- Massage on site
- Pet friendly office
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
What happens next?
We carefully review your application over a decent cup of coffee.
We'll get back to you. Even if it's a no (at the moment).
Hyperoptic has been recognized in the top three for the Best Recruitment Process amongst Belgrade IT Companies, three years in a row.
Please submit your application in English.
And don't forget to keep an eye on our careers site as we're growing fast: https://careers.hyperoptic.com/
We look forward to hearing from you!