About this role
The BI Consultant is a software engineer whose role consists in developing the reporting features required in any FrontInvest customer application, which includes data extraction, data manipulation and producing outputs. This development activity is in the Business Intelligence field of expertise. FrontInvest (market leader product in the domain of private equity management) comprises a powerful tool set for report development, based on SAS market standard.
Reporting is an essential and highly valuable part of any FrontInvest application (such reports are used for instance by Private Equity Funds to communicate their monthly / quarterly performance to investors). BI Consultants play a key role in delivering value to our customers, and it is mandatory that they deliver high quality pieces of software, understanding the impact of their work on company's image and business position.
BI Consultants report hierarchically to a local manager, and they may report to a non-local project manager for their due deliveries. They work closely mainly with other BI consultants and team leaders, Business and Implementation Consultants, Project Managers, Customer Support and Product Developers.
- Analyze specifications provided by Business Consultants or directly by the client
- Develop reports from these specifications
- Extract data from the application database, using companies tool set as well as SQL
- Format report in the requested layout and file format (Excel, Word or PDF), using companies reporting tool set, and/or
- Excel formatting features and/or other reporting tools
- Test their developments (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing)
- Package and deliver
- Pay special attention to the various cases that may occur when their development is used in production, due to the amount and variety of data that may be encountered and to the importance of reports accuracy in any case
- University diploma from Faculty of Organizational Sciences, Faculty of Mathematics or similar
- 2+ years of professional experience in reporting solution development, data mining, reporting creation and automation
- Standard up to date skills in data extraction, computation and transformation, using SQL and Stored Procedures
- Use of Excel formulas and VBA macros
- Full professional proficiency in written/spoken English
Additional skills appreciated:
- Understanding of SQL performance issues (indexes…)
- Experience in BI, Data Warehousing, Reporting technologies highly appreciated: SAS, Microsoft SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Snowflake
- Background in Finance, Controlling and Banking
- Business certificates such as CAIA and CFA
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.