The BI Report Developer helps support current BI solution, design and develop reports. Responsibilities include the operational administration of various business intelligence environments including Business Objects, Qlik SaaS solution, BODS and SQL database
- Develop and support current BI reporting solution – SAP BOBJ WebI reports and Qlik SAAS dashboards
- Implement best practices around data requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing daily loads.
- Optimize ETL and reporting processes around Data Warehouse, Data Mart, and Staging areas.
- Participates in problem identification and requirements gathering and documentation, as well as system design activities.
- Use database replication/synchronization techniques
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models to meet the requirements and strategies.
- Perform backup and recovery of databases, as needed.
- Monitoring jobs in BODS
- Creating jobs in BODS to extract data using webservice, flat files and other source systems
- Design jobs in BODS
- All other assigned duties.
- Four-year degree in the field of computer science or equivalent
- 4 – 6 years in Business Intelligence- Reporting required
- Strong understanding of BI Report Architecture with backend ETL
- Strong experience in designing and developing BI reports and visualization dashboards
- Experience supporting business applications at an enterprise level in a production environment.
- Extensive experience on Report development using Qlik Sense SaaS, SAP Business Objects – WebI, Universe creation
- Experience and solid understanding of data extraction using webservices on database in BODS jobs
- Ability to understand data and design ETL flow using BODS to be used in BOBJ universe or stored in tables in Microsoft SQL database
- Experience with understanding requirements and proactively provide solutions to improvise current system architecture
- Knowledge of data from Sales, Finance and Procurement
- Extensive Experience in SQL queries and procedures
- Preferred relational database experience in logical and physical data models and data marts
Special skills and experiences:
- Proactive and self-starter individual with keen interest to learn new skill in Analytics
- Thorough understanding of SQL Server database internals
- Must be able to translate business requirements into technical solutions that deliver business value
- Conceptual understanding of overall hardware, software, and network infrastructure required
- Strong in database design (logical and physical levels) to support BI concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight project schedules with minimal supervision
- Ability to document changes and system configuration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Technical knowledge of network and server operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards
- Strong proficiency in an Enterprise Database management system to include Microsoft SQL Server
- Good understanding of various ETL solutions like SAP BODS and SQL database
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a requirement
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Good knowledge of MS Office Package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Windows
Possibility to work from home 1-2 days a week.