C++ Software Engineer with passion for algorithms
Would you like to work on the software foundation for all of TomTom's navigation products with 800 million TomTom users?
At TomTom, we power the future. How? Highly Automated Driving. We are taking a front seat in contributing to the future of driving. In today’s connected world, on-demand, accurate, real-time location data is more relevant than ever, and we are building breakthrough technologies that will define the car of the future.
We are also partnering with the likes of Uber, Microsoft, and Mozilla to bring our maps and online navigation information to more smartphones and driver applications.
Taste your challenge…
We are looking for bright, curious minds in software development to join one of the six scrum teams developing TomTom’s navigation engine, NavKit, written in C++ with highly optimized algorithms to compute the quickest route to any destination, on any device.
- Constantly grow, led by your curiosity to grab the many development opportunities at TomTom and stay up to speed with the latest tools and techniques in an ever-changing technological landscape.
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment.
- Design, implement and maintain state-of-the-art algorithms in C++.
- Extend, improve and integrate algorithms in TomTom products for server-based solutions and mobile devices.
What we expect from you?
- Your C++ programming skills and engineering know-how are great.
- You have the skills and desire to build and improve complex algorithms.
- You love working as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled, agile environment.
- Your knowledge is backed by a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. However, if you’re talented, degrees aren’t everything.
What can you expect from us?
- We like to have fun together. There is no sense in coming to a job every day if you don’t like the people you work with.
- We bounce ideas off each other to drive innovation throughout the company. Have a suggestion? See a new way of doing something? Entrepreneurialism is valued, and there is always room for good ideas.
- There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth, in any direction you choose. Don’t expect to do the same thing for years; we encourage growth and change.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. We make things happen.
Who are we:
TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most influential inventions of all time.
Since then, our software and navigation technologies have been powering over hundreds of millions of applications across the globe. From industry-leading location-based products and map-making technologies to embedded automotive navigation solutions; innovative personal navigation devices and apps to advanced telematics fleet management and connected car services. We continue to shape the future, leading the way with autonomous driving, smart mobility, and smarter cities. www.tomtom.com
Want to join us?
We want to meet you. Apply to say hi.
Please complete the online form and attachments in English.
To get the full story about this vacancy or the application procedure, please contact Tamara Novakovic