We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who is also a full stack developer for a Tech Startup.
You will provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also an excellent communicator, and a person who can follow our vision and be a great contributor, starting with developing while you build the small team, then we’d like to meet you.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to founder.
- Proven experience as a full stack developer with key strengths to be a solid CTO
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Ability to work FULL TIME, starting IMMEDIATELY, and focus on this role alone with no other side jobs or freelance jobs
- Ability to work from home, remotely, and build and lead a virtual full time team!
- Cloud architecture (Amazon, Azure, Google and any other)
- SQL / NoSQL
- Docker, Kubernetes, etc…
- CSS, HTML & Java Script (with Framework like, React)
- Hybrid Mobile app; React Native.
- Node JS
Nice to have
- Agile Methodology / SCRUM master
- Jira, Confluence
- Experience in using TDD
- Experience with IoT and hardware related electronics
- You’re a disruptor, proud and ready to challenge the status-quo, not for the sake of it but because you really think you have a better, leaner and practical alternative
- You’ll help our team achieving exactly that… You’re not afraid, organized and know how to make things happen
- You know how start-ups works
- You can convince the rest of the team with your technical choices
- You are both an A-player and a team person (we need no hero)
- You are fact-driven and result oriented
- Remember, it’s not so much about the technical skills (you’re smart, you’ll figure it out) than it is about the attitude
- You want to make a difference and be trusted by the options you’re taking, build something relevant that matters for millions of people
- You’ll have the opportunity to stay true to your core values (by the way be sure they’re aligned with ours and help build the small team that will make it happen
- You’re in the driver seat for establishing the IT infrastructure of the company, picking-up your team members and choose the direction development needs to follow (database, development toolchain, partners, etc…)
- You’re a hands on person who will sit down and code the web app, then the backend for the hybrid mobile apps.
- No legacy, no outdated technology, no pre-established framework… A blank slate (not for the faint of heart, but also a dream if you’re of the creative type). Did you find the legacy and technical debt boring… Complain no more: you will be in the driver seat
- You’re not afraid of challenges and use your geekiness to do the work for you (it means you’re lazy up to the point of working your ass off to find THE better way to do things the efficient way)
- You don’t mind crossing the chasm between hardware and software (you actually like it), nor between front-end and back-end. You’ve got your feet wet with mobile as well
- If social interaction isn’t really your thing… It doesn’t matter, it’s not a requirement. We’ll learn what’s make you tick and try to get along with your style.
- You’re committed and consistent because Denzel Washington said so: "Without commitment, you will never start. Without consistency, you will never finish"… but you’re curious and eager to learn new stuff and do amazing things, applying your newly acquired talents on-the-job.
- You’re also curious about what’s behind the curtains. You never ran a company before? Learn it from the trenches… This is an invaluable experience that you can always leverage later.