Please note that all of our positions are remote - we welcome contributors from all over the globe. Want to chat to our People Ops team? Drop by the #hiring channel on our community Discord, or check out the latest project discussions over at discuss.status.im :)
NB: This role can be offered on a short-term [3-6 month] contract or long-term basis.
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, recently launched at v1 on Mobile and in beta on Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.
Who are we?
We're a remote team of made up of 60+ core-contributors and growing community of members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
As a developer on our core team, you’ll be responsible for shaping, developing and implementing our flagship Status mobile app.
What will I do?
- Independently setting up to work with our code base. More info on building Status here and our most relevant repo here.
- Taking ownership of issues from the backlog (our product roadmap is here).
- Communication with core contributors to align with code standards and practices (on GitHub).
You should have:
- A passion for blockchain technology and decentralisation.
- Experience in Clojure and ClojureScript.
- Experience with React Native.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with native iOS and/or Android development.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with Go.
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Ceri from our People Ops team
- Technical interview with a member of the core team.
- Interview with Andre, core team lead.
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for the new dev (you?) to join the team as soon as possible. Looking forward to hearing from you!