IGT (NYSE:IGT) is a global leader in gaming. We deliver entertaining and responsible gaming experiences for players across all channels and regulated segments, from Lotteries and Gaming Machines to Sports Betting and Digital. Leveraging a wealth of compelling content, substantial investment in innovation, player insights, operational expertise, and leading-edge technology, our solutions deliver unrivaled gaming experiences that engage players and drive growth. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has approximately 10,500 employees. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
The Cloud Network Devops Engineer role responsibility is the support and delivery of our cloud network services. The role will report within our network engineering team undertaking day to day changes as well as monitoring support to our level 1 operations group. This engineer will be primarily responsible for day to day writing and maintaining of the code that is used in our cloud environments. This code is used to maintain the state of our cloud infrastructure, using IaC, infrastructure as code, as well as CaC, configuration as code. Manually touching any equipment will be very limited in this role. This new group reports to the senior director of network engineering and will oversee IGT’s migration from on premises to hybrid cloud services over the coming years. It is great opportunity to take up key role and gain important experience and training towards security and networking certifications in the world of cloud computing.
- Writing, testing, and deploying Terraform and Ansible modules for cloud and on-premises.
- Updating on-premises firewalls and other infrastructure using SDN and CI/CD.
- On-premises work needed to connect remote networks and devices to cloud
- Troubleshoot connectivity between Cloud and consumers
- Supporting production and non-production environments
- Ensure alignment with our Cloud DevOps model based on 100% automation and adoption of repeatable patterns that can be leveraged across the organization.
- Promote the use of Cloud standardization, shared infrastructure, and shared services to reduce costs and improve information flows
- Research emerging technologies, standards, and products. Working with consulting engineers in defining clear technology roadmaps and strategies
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (DNS/DHCP/Firewalls/Sub-netting, BGP etc.) that will increase over time
- Running SLA report
- Monitor cloud network service health
- Monitor Cloud to on-prem health
Communication: Can work with technical and non-technical teams to deliver appropriate updates to networks limiting impact to business
Learning Agility: Rapidly acquires new knowledge and learns new skills. Continual learning.
Business Results Orientation: Seeks to understand business needs, and gets results that have a clear, positive, and direct impact on business performance. Process orientated mindset
Decision Making: Considers the relative impact and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
Required skills and qualifications
- Familiar with coding concepts or languages, such as Terraform/HCL, Ansible/YAML, Bash, Python, etc. Other languages are ok
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, BGP, Routing, Firewalls, Subnetting, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Cloud concepts such as cloud networking, containers, security groups, VPNs, DNS, load balancers, private connectivity, etc
- Some experience with Azure or AWS
- Bachelor of science degree (or equivalent) in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Basic IP routing, load balancing, firewalls, switching skills
- Extensive experience with Azure, AWS and/or GPC
- Experience with Fortinet Firewalls
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Advanced Bash, Terraform, Ansible, Python & Linux networking
- Experience as a DevOps engineer or in a similar role or experience.
- Experience with Terraform, Terragrunt, Ansible, Git, Linux & Bash
- Experience with automation tools like Puppet, Jenkins, Azure DevOps or similar
Keys to Success
- Building collaborative relationships
- Decision making
- Drive results
- Foster innovation
- Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.