Are you our next Cloud Operations Specialist?
Accelerate innovation… and your career.
Who we are
Founded in 2017, Upchain (www.upchain.com) provides Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions on the Cloud. We fuel innovation and simplify product development by connecting sales, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, service, and others at all points in the product lifecycle. Empowering an impressive list of customers to make better products faster, our easy-to-use platform enables real-time collaborations, establishes the digital thread, manages changes, facilitates viewing of CAD files in 3D, and captures feedback and business processes from any stakeholder throughout the product value chain.
With headquarters in Toronto (Canada) and three offices in Croatia, our 85+ employee company was named one of Deloitte Technology’s Fast 50™ Companies-to-Watch last year for exhibiting strong growth as well as recognized by the Lazaridis ScaleUp Program as one of Canada’s Top 10 growth-stage start-ups.
You will enjoy working with us if:
- You are suited to work in a young and evolving environment where there is significant wisdom and years of industry knowledge at the helm.
- You are excited to play a part in helping the company realize its commitment to strengthening culture, communication, procedures, and leadership.
- You are smart, creative, love taking ownership, and can work efficiently and autonomously.
- You want to gain lots of experience, learn about the industry, and advance your career through personal and professional development supported by experienced mentors.
- You are self-motivated, independent, confident, accountable, and comfortable exercising initiative and solid judgement.
- You are keen to learn new technologies in an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- You like challenges, being a trailblazer, shaping the future, and working with some of the world's most innovative and iconic organizations.
Reporting to the Cloud Operations Manager in this full-time role, you would be leading the continuous improvement, optimization and maintenance of Upchain’s Cloud Infrastructure, Observability Stack, Delivery Systems and Kubernetes Container Orchestration, and your responsibilities would include:
- Optimizing continuous integration and delivery/deployment by maintaining and improving CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI) and configuring/using GitOps and related webhooks.
- Establishing and improving infrastructure as code using Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar.
- Implementing configuration management (Ansible, Chocolatey).
- Ensuring effective disaster recovery and incident management through best practice/strategy implementation, planning, assessments, documentation, and on-call response.
- Maintaining and improving networking, routing, Linux and Windows production environments, and application deployment (Kubernetes, Helm) and delivery (Docker).
- Optimizing application frameworks in Java (JVM, JBoss, Spring Boot, Wildfly, etc.) and JS (ReactJS, GWT or similar).
- Maintaining databases including MySQL/MariaDB (Aurora), MS SQL Server (RDS), and Redis (Elasticache).
- Developing, maintaining and improving monitoring stacks (CloudWatch Metrics, Prometheus, Grafana, Zabbix, etc.), distributed tracing systems, and Elastic Stack log aggregation tools.
- Implementing MQ maintenance (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.).
- Promoting security via SDLC workflows, OWASP triage/awareness advocation, static analysis of codebase, and malware/Rootkit detection tools.
- Participating in Scrum ceremonies.
You may be our ideal team member if you are:
- A proactive, accountable person with a strong understanding of DevOps practices/tooling and a broad knowledge of hardware, software, operating systems, servers, networking, and computer programming.
- An active listener and tactful communicator with the strong interpersonal skills needed to work with various stakeholders.
- A multitasker capable of prioritizing and managing your time and multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, results-oriented environment.
- A strong advocate for - and contributor to - quality, Health & Safety, and an elite DevOps and Resilience Engineering culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with production workloads at scale in an agile, AWS cloud environment.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Expertise in project/change management and software development approaches (agile, scrum, lean, and waterfall).
- Proficiency in Groovy, Bash and PowerShell scripting languages.
- Proficiency in Java, .NET, JSReact and/or GWT is an asset.
- Familiarity with Security by Design practices and Product Lifecycle Management concepts are assets.
- CCSP, CKA or other IT certifications are assets.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay (overtime pay is applicable)
- Stock options
- Extra vacation days
- Flexible hours and work from home options
- An inclusive work environment that facilitates advancement and embraces members with diverse perspectives
Do you fit with an innovative, fast-growing software engineering company with a very bright future? Let’s find out. Submit your resume and cover letter today.