Daon is an innovator in developing and deploying biometric authentication and identity assurance solutions worldwide. Daon has pioneered methods for securely and conveniently combining biometric and identity capabilities in multiple channels with large-scale deployments that span payments verification, digital banking, and securing borders and critical infrastructure. Daon’s solutions provide our customers with choice, making it easier and safer for people to conduct business online, travel, vote, and so much more. Daon’s IdentityX® Platform for mobile biometric authentication removes friction from the authentication process while dramatically reducing fraud to previously unattainable levels. IdentityX allows businesses to conduct transactions with any consumer at any time with total confidence. Get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Part You Will Play – Role Summary:
You are a highly skilled engineer with a deep technical understanding of software, hardware, networking and modern distributed systems.
As a Lead Performance and Resiliency Engineer, you will be supporting Cloud Services Team across a broad range of activities from designing and implementing performance and resiliency test tools to debugging and recreating specific customer issues and using machine learning techniques to model future performance and scalability needs.
Essential Functions & Role Responsibilities:
- Debug, measure, analyze, and improve our service
- Create performance, scalability and resilience test suites that can used to exercise all aspects of our service and operational systems.
- Debugging and recreating specific customer issues
- Using machine learning techniques to extract actionable data and model future capacity and scalability needs
Critical Success Factors - Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of AWS and its various services (EC2, RDS, VPC, EKS, S3, Route53, KMS and IAM etc.) from the perspective of performance and resilience.
- Technical aptitude to distil large volumes of data, quickly analyze scalability, capacity and performance issues
- Able to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders
- JVM Profiling and Tuning experience
- Capacity estimating, data mining, modelling, or planning
- Observability and Instrumentation tooling
- Application and architecture code profiling
- UNIX or Linux experience
- Infrastructure and application performance tuning
- Load testing tools and framework experience
- (Desirable) Experience with Chaos Engineering and associated system resilience engineering techniques
- (Desirable) OO design and development experience
- (Desirable) Relational DB skills or equivalent experience
- (Desirable) Experience with Performance, Load, Stress, and Scalability Testing
- (Desirable) Web Application Development, Application Servers, Web Services development experience (SOAP or REST)
- Critical Success Factors – Personal Traits & Characteristics:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Problem solving skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity
- Education, Training & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; Advanced degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience with AWS, performance and resiliency testing
- Flexible work environment
- Hybrid approach - work from home or office
- Modern new office in the city center in Belgrade
- Working hub in the center of Novi Sad
- Health & Wellness
- Full-covered medical insurance for you and your family
- Fitpass Card
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Learning & Development
- An opportunity to work with the latest tech stack within the growing world of biometric and identity
- Support in personal skills development through internal and external education
- Great Culture
- Organized Sport&Social Club and company events
- Supportive and friendly people
- International working environment
- Possibility to travel abroad and much more!
Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute introductory call with our HR Business Partner
Candidates selected for 2nd round interview will then be invited to a series of practical interviews with members of the technical teams
Successful candidates will be selected and contacted with an offer to join our team
Come join the team that is changing the way biometrics and identity authentication operate globally!