Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandma used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient
household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball is a Lean / Six Sigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Ball Corporation is currently looking for a motivated and nimble person for the position:
Cyber Security Analyst
(Location: GBS Belgrade)
Primary purpose of position:
Security administration is a hands-on role that requires a high level of technical expertise including networking, operating systems and security. The person in this position is responsible for a broad range of security tasks, including the day-to-day security administration of network security devices, as well as the management of technologies, such as firewall, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, data loss prevention, antivirus, anti-spam, antispyware and security information and event management (SIEM) tools.
Reports to: Cyber Security Operations Manager
- Manage Next Generation Firewalls
- Assist with vulnerability management and remediation of vulnerabilities
- Participate in implementation of new security controls
- Manage intrusion detection and perimeter security devices
- Investigate and follow up on incident reports
- Create and modify procedural documentation as needed
- Execute effective security and malware protection
- Manage and respond to information security audits
- Ensure that all information systems operate in accordance to set standards
- Participates in an on-call rotation with department
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field plus 3 years’ IT and system and enterprise administration experience.
- Each higher level degree, i.e. Master's degree or Ph.D. (or Bachelor´s or Master´s degree) may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of experience may be substituted for each year of education.
- Technical “hands-on” proficiency with several security-related systems and applications (Vulnerability software, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM).
- Technical proficiency with security-related systems and applications, especially mainstream OSs (e.g. Microsoft Windows and Linux), Vulnerability Scanners, SIEM, and antimalware tools, user provisioning systems and intrusion detection, automated policy compliance and desktop security tools.
- Experience in documenting and maintaining processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment, intrusion detection, network access control (NAC), encryption, threat and vulnerability management.
- Experience (and proficiency) with information security principles, including risk assessment, intrusion detection, network access control (NAC), encryption, threat and vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, and associated network protocols and concepts.
- Experience (and proficiency) with network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, and associated network protocols and concepts.
- Knowledge of security frameworks, security policies, procedures, guidelines, and methodologies desired.
- Ability to follow ITIL processes such as Change Management and Problem resolution.
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts and their practical application.
- Experience (and proficiency) with cryptographic concepts and their practical application.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable effective security incident and problem resolution
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT and business personnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately; provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support
- CISSP, CISM, CISA certifications preferred, other security relevant certifications considered (e.g. SANS GIAC-GSEC, GCED, GCFW, GCIA, GCIH, GISP, GSLC).
If you are interested in the above position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.