We are looking for a DBA/ System Administrator with 5+ years of experience. The main duty is to maintain operation of our software elements.
- Plan, evaluate, and coordinate installation and/or reconfiguration of on premise and cloud based (AWS) software elements of data and/or voice communication system;
- Manage operations and maintenance of MySQL Server databases and database servers;
- Lead ongoing infrastructure upgrade projects;
- Maintain network devices such as switches and firewalls, and upgrade firmware as needed.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux OS and MySQL with hands-on operational experience;
- Hands-on experience with Linux bash scripting, versioning software such as SVN and distributed Linux systems and software environment;
- Professional experience as System/Network Administrator;
- Professional experience managing and monitoring Linux and Windows servers;
- Professional experience as MySQL DBA. Hands-on experience with MySQL DB backups, capacity planning, query tuning, troubleshooting performance issues (blocking, deadlocks, cache issues etc.);
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks, routing and switching protocols, DNS, DHCP;
- Knowledge of standard TCP/UDP protocols including HTTP, SSL/TLS, FTP, SSH, SNMP, NTP and SYSLOG Hands-on experience with VLAN network environments on an operating system level and Cisco network equipment level, must be advanced in general network routing;
- Hands-on experience with Cisco VPN and OpenVPN configuration and management;
- Skilled in storage configuration, storage partitioning and manipulation;
- Hands-on experience with integrating Linux with remote SAN storage;
- In-depth knowledge in virtualization using KVM and VMWare using local and SAN storage for virtual machines;
- In-depth knowledge in Windows server administration and systems like Active Directory, IIS, .NET application layer;
- Hands-on experience with Nagios monitoring system and writing custom check plugins.
- Experience with open source monitoring and logging tools such as Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana;
- Experience with AWS Cloud Computing Services;
- Understanding of Docker containers.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume, by clicking ''Apply”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our website: https://www.startelecom.ca/