The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Analysis and Visualization Specialist to join the Analysis and Evidence Unit. As a neutral, impartial, and independent humanitarian organization, the ICRC works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in developing, implementing, and maintaining tools and processes used to improve the quality of data toward better use of evidence for decision-making.
In this role, you will act as a focal point for tools used to collect and manage data under the scope of the Analysis & Evidence Unit. You will support and coach key stakeholders on data acquisition, data management, processing, and visualization, as well as ensure best practices, standards, and guidelines for data management and analysis are applied.
The ICRC Belgrade Shared Services Centre (BSSC) provides support services to the ICRC’s worldwide operations and is currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Data Analysis and Visualization Specialist
- Data management support: Under the guidance of the Head of Analysis & Evidence (A&E), the Regional A&E specialists, and the Head of Data & Analytics and according to the needs of the contexts where ICRC works, provide operational support including but not limited to:
- Implementation of methodologies and processes around data processing
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of analytical dashboards, tools, and processes used to improve the quality of ICRC programs through data-driven decision-making
- Acting as a focal point for data tools used to collect and manage data
- Supports and coaches on data acquisition, data management, processing, and visualization
- Applies best practices, standards, and guidelines for data management and analytics.
- Thematic/specialist support:
- Serves as a technical focal point for data management tools and databases used for thematic analysis
- Technical and functional support for existing data processing tools
- Development and maintenance of new and existing tools and databases.
- Capacity-building: Provide support to identifying appropriate staff training and actively participate and animate sessions at training and workshops.
- Internal Collaboration: Maintains relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and works closely with other ICRC departments to ensure data interoperability.
- Advanced University degree in Information Technologies, Statistics, Data Science, or other related fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Data Management and Analytics
- Proven experience in Business Intelligence and reporting tools
- Experience in data solutions implementation/management function in an international setting
- Strong in all aspects of data management and analysis, including data science and economics/econometrics
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
- High computer proficiency
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very good analytical and time management skills
- French or other languages knowledge
- Experience in programming languages for Data Science (SQL, Python, R…)
- Knowledge of the FME platform and familiarity with ArcGIS
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
- Combined office and home remote work
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.