Job Title/Grade: Data Analyst Associate (Serbia)
Reports to: Director, Global Strategic Marketing
Department: Global Strategic Marketing
DAI is an international development company specializing in the development sector. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Function of the Position:
This is a full–time, professional position which will be working under the direction of DAI’s Director of Global Strategic Marketing. The Data Analyst Associate will support specific corporate efforts to improve data collection, management, and analysis of both external and internal DAI data. The majority of assignments will involve some combination of:
- Identifying and testing various data sources
- Creating a system to regularly capture data
- Advising on best approaches to answer specific research questions using available data, including building analytical models
- Advising on best channels to display and distribute analysis across global corporation
For illustration, the first assignment could be establishing new models for ingesting, cleaning, and analyzing market trend data in support of strategic planning and execution. This would involve comparing data sources for quality of information and ease of access; working closely with a data architect to extract, transform, and load the data, and building models and visualizations to make analysis user-friendly for a wide range of corporate employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Scan new and existing data sources to determine relevance, reliability, and timeliness of information; recommend which sources are most relevant and reliable and easiest to harvest.
- Assist in the creation of scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Build automated systems to import data from selected sources and models to automate analysis
- Build in checks that provide rigorous validation of the analysis to improve accuracy and reliability of gathered information
- Ensure entire development lifecycle of all IT projects undertaken are documented, including the protocol, testing, methodology and processes developed
- Develop template and resources of Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards for corporate use.
- 2+ years of professional work experience and Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience connecting to and using a variety of external (3rd Party) data sets
- Programming experience; ability to develop custom data scraping scripts using Python, R, or Java.
- Experience building extract, transform, and load (ETL) tools ideally for large organizations.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Creative and curious attitude
- Strong critical thinking capabilities with an ability to rapidly assess situational needs, develop problem solving strategies, and implement sustainable solutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and take initiative
- Ability to work effectively in teams, including taking directions from others, being open to regular check-ins to show work progress, and contributing ideas and recommendations to enhance productivity
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with Microsoft data technology (Azure). Prior experience with SQL language.
- Experience with packages such as NumPy, Pandas, Beautiful Soup, or RVest.
- Interest in training and teaching data skills to a global work force
- Knowledge of database architecture and ability to maintain a large volume of data over time.
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.