The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
The Law and Policy Outreach Unit leads the ICRC’s online and onsite outreach to law and policy circles in support of influencing key actors and decision-makers on humanitarian issues. It brings together multidisciplinary outreach capacities encompassing the Law and Policy Blog, research and debate cycles as well as the work on online platforms and digital promotion strategies.
The Data Analyst, Web and Social Media will support the Law and Policy Outreach Unit to pursue a data-driven digital engagement with key actors and decision-makers on humanitarian issues through systematic user-tracking and data-analysis.
For this purpose, they will collect, monitor and analyse communication activities and website statistics and conduct ongoing quantitative evaluation of the unit’s digital tools and promotion strategies. Drawing from a wide range of reports, dashboards and data sources, they will create data visualizations, written narratives and other presentations that interpret the data sources and, by adding context and relational information - produce comprehensive and easily understood reporting.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: Data Analyst, Web and Social Media, (location Belgrade).
- Guides the Unit in improving, developing & applying data monitoring methods, processes & tools (dashboards, standardized reports, etc)
- Assists the Unit in reflecting on digital KPIs and performance measures; identify and advise on areas of improvement to optimize data monitoring and analytics, as well as monitors digital KPIs and benchmarks for online platforms and social media promotion strategies (to determine whether goals are being met)
- Contributes to the promotion of websites and campaigns through advice on search-engine optimization based on insights gained from data analytics
- Analyzes statistics from online platforms managed or supported by the Unit, draws up quarterly reports and recommends ways to enhance success based on insights gained from data analytics
- Follows developments and trends in market standards; guides Help to improve the tools for analysing statistics; finds ways to meet market standards and the Unit’s needs; develops competitive intelligence knowledge
- Monitors and analyzes website statistics and conduct ongoing evaluation of the success of the unit’s digital tools; identifies and advises on areas of improvement as well as collects and monitors user feedback
- BSc/BA in data analytics, social science or business marketing/intelligence
- 3-5 years' professional experience or with 2-3 years’ experience in market research, social network analysis or business intelligence role or comparable experience
- Excellent knowledge of the media and social media landscape; digital native (advanced usage of web and social media platforms and features)
- Proven knowledge of BI, SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics and social media tools (LinkedIn, Twitter, Sprinklr) as well as capacity to analyze complex and evolving situations
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Knowledge of SEO standards and practices
- Experience with HubSpot CMS
- French language knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.