We go all-out to create wonderful mobile apps and help them reach as many people as possible. As a company of rational thinkers with big visions, we appreciate that our decisions must rest on robust foundations of truth. This is the case from the smallest app feature choices all the way up to the most dramatic strategic decisions. To make this happen, we’re looking for a brilliant, business-driven number-cruncher who’s completely obsessed with data and finding (often counterintuitive) answers to complex, crucial questions.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product and Business teams to determine the most pressing questions that big data can help answer, and then figure out how to uncover those insights.
- Query and analyze massive sets of usage data to identify product-improvement opportunities and actionable insights to profoundly impact our product strategy and roadmap.
- Create brief, high-quality reports to explain your findings and discuss their implications with the relevant team members.
- Screen the app stores and study competing products in search of insights and ideas we could learn from.
- Help direct the development of our technologies devoted to the acquisition, storage, and manipulation of big data, supporting our efforts to constantly break new ground in this field.
What We Offer
- Huge impact. Your analysis will help support and steer Bending Spoons. That means it will impact tens of millions of users, and even the mobile-app industry at large, in the next few years.
- No micromanaging. Be the owner of your effort—from day one, you’ll be one of the team and fully trusted to take responsibility for your tasks. You’ll have every incentive to make a real impact.
- Lots. Of. Data. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of thousands of new users every day, and a large, diverse, and ever-growing portfolio of apps, Bending Spoons is the perfect playground for a data junkie (we know you are—we are too!).
- Top-notch team. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest and nicest folks you’ve ever worked with, and you can tap into Bending Spoons’ experience with building many market-leading mobile apps.
- Unique career opportunity. By joining a fast-growing company that sets out to become one of the world's greatest within the vast, booming mobile market, you get a golden chance to turbocharge your learning and career.
- Continuous education. We pay for your Italian/English language lessons, but that’s not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we’re delighted to foot the tab.
- The finest tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can't wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach and cutting-edge workflows.
- Remote working. Spend as much or as little time in our Milan office as you choose (even no time at all, if you’d prefer). Many Spooners like to change up their environment and get out of the city whenever the mood strikes. Every day, you’ve got the freedom to decide where today’s office is.
- Flexible schedule. Our regular hours are 9-6 GMT+1, but this isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. Morning person? Start work while the world’s still sleeping. Night owl? Ramp things up while others are winding down. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity. We only ask that you’re available to your teammates a good chunk of the day. That’s why it’s generally best to be based somewhere with a similar time zone—between GMT-2 and GMT+3.
- Unlimited vacations. Take all the time you need to recharge your batteries—no permission process or vacation allowance here. Because a rested, relaxed, and refreshed Spooner is a happy and effective Spooner.
- Stimulating environment, tons of fun. Our incredible People Operations team organizes awesome events, such as team games, drinks, yoga classes, parties, and regular company-wide retreats. Recent destinations include Bali, Argentina, and Tanzania.
- Top-of-the-market salary and stock options in a tech rocket ship. Our total compensation is very competitive and can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance.
What We Look For
- Rock-solid analytical reasoning. You crunch numbers and perform calculations with confidence and accuracy. You interpret graphs at a glance and discern signals from noise. You learn quickly, you investigate and solve unforeseen challenges with creativity and structure, and you can do so independently.
- An inquisitive nature. You feel the urge to understand why things are the way they are, and are curious enough to question unproven beliefs and assumptions. Finding the truth and explaining it is your crusade.
- Pragmatism and sound judgment. You’re pragmatic enough to recognize the importance of doing it once, and doing it right. You have unfailing common sense, and a business-oriented approach when it comes to understanding what’s likely to create value.
- A numbers-heavy degree. Ideally, you studied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or Economics at MSc level. This isn’t required, but it’s a strong plus.
- Moderate IT and spreadsheet skills. You’re savvy enough to smoothly use Google Docs, Google Sheets, and/or Microsoft Excel. Ideally you can run SQL queries. But don’t worry, we’ll teach you all that you don’t know.
- Obsession with numbers. You absolutely love to break down and analyze big datasets looking for insights. Then, when others would be finishing up, you look at the same numbers all over again from another angle to find fresh breakthroughs.
- Interest in the topic. You’ll love the job if you find the mobile app market and its possibilities exciting, and if understanding user psychology through numbers fascinates you.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done impeccably.
- Good communication skills. You can pose questions with clarity, explain your reasoning concisely, pick the right graph to express a message, and create brief, insightful reports with a touch of artistry.
- Proficiency in English. You read, write, and speak proficiently in English.
The Recruiting Process
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we'll invite you to take on a few tests aimed at assessing how you think and solve possibly unfamiliar problems. These tests don't require any prior knowledge, and they should take you a few hours to complete. If you're successful there, we'll invite you to some interviews—normally two or three—to get to know each other and figure out if it’s a good fit for both parties. There, we'll ask you some behavioral and problem-solving questions. The interviews are held remotely. To limit arbitrariness and human bias, Bending Spoons' hiring decisions are made by a hiring committee.
Bending Spoons is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 14.11.2021.
Bending Spoon je elitni tim koji stvara sopstvene tehnološke proizvode, koje koriste i vole milioni širom sveta. Trenutno su fokusirani na mobilne aplikacije i neprestano procenjuju mogućnosti u drugim uzbudljivim oblastima.