We are the company behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more! We are looking for a full-stack Data Engineer with a head for business to join our WooCommerce team!
Communication with and empathy for our colleagues is a key part of this job – curiosity about the puzzles they face is a requirement. Data can be unruly: you’ll need to be prepared to face uncertainty and provide your best guess sometimes – your work will be as much about architecting and improving data pipelines as it will be about creating excellent reporting and solving business problems.
The Woo Data & BizOps team needs a new Data Engineer. We help inform our business and product strategy by providing insights through data analysis.
As The Data Engineer on our team, you will:
- Work with business leads, analysts, data scientists, and fellow engineers to build data products that empower better decision making.
- Architect and improve data pipelines using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Impala, and Airflow.
- Deeply understand business drivers to craft automated, easy to use reports and data visualizations in our BI tool (we use Looker).
- Perform exploratory business analysis and deliver clear and actionable written reports.
- Apply full-stack web development skills to understand and improve our data sources.
- Be constantly raising data quality. That includes auditing sources, documenting issues, driving resolutions together with other teams, and implementing well-documented, performant, and tested improvements.
At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place. We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We’re looking forward to seeing your application!