Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
Foursquare’s flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact and drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest and real-world behavior patterns (Places and Visits), and tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification and visualization (Unfolded Studio).
About the Team:
Our Data Platform team provides the infrastructure, tools, libraries, and APIs that power our data processing infrastructure. The goal of the team is to make engineers at Foursquare more effective and happier by offloading common problems from the product and content experts, enabling them to apply their skills and knowledge to their specific domain, while the Data Platform team works on problems that affect the company as a whole.
About the Position:
In this role, you will ship products with high visibility and strategic importance to Foursquare and contribute directly to revenue. Help us build and collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to create tools and processes to bring research and machine learning models to production.
In this role you’ll:
- Build tools and APIs that would be used by other FSQ Engineers
- Build and maintain Foursquare's event streaming platform, Framework, and applications for data ingestion
- Build resilient services and tooling which drive all of our offline processing of petabytes of data
- Write test automation, conduct code reviews, and take end-to-end ownership of deployments to production
- Participate in on-call rotation duties
What you’ll need: If you have more or less experience than listed, please apply anyways and we will see if another role aligns better with your experience.
- BS/BA in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ year of experience in software development working with production-level code
- Experience in one or more of the programming languages we use
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
- Experience with working in the cloud, preferably AWS
- Strong algorithms and data structures knowledge
- Comfort with Unix/Linux and the command line
Nice to have:
- Experience with Hadoop, Kafka, MapReduce, and/or Spark
- Experience with AWS data processing services (EMR, Glue, Athena, …)
- Experience with relational or document-oriented database systems
- Prior software internship experience
Our Tech Stack:
- Languages: Java, Scala, Python, Clojure, Ruby
- Tools for pipeline orchestration: Airflow, Luigi
- Frameworks: Spark, MapReduce, Scalding, Spring Boot
- Infrastructure: AWS, Hadoop, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker
- Other technologies: Postgres, Hive, HBase, MongoDB
Benefits and Perks
- We are a fully flexible company that allows you to work from any location in Serbia or from our Belgrade office
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Private medical insurance
- Education stipend
- Home Office Setup, you get all the necessary hardware
- Summer Fridays, two non-working Fridays each July and August
- Learning and development programs
- Professional coaching
- Restricted Stock Units
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Foursquare is a technology platform that powers leading business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Location is at the center of everything we do: we understand location, how people move through the world, and how those patterns change over time. We use our knowledge and proprietary technology to help brands, developers, marketers, and analysts understand consumers and engage with them. Our technology has been validated and licensed by some of the biggest, most innovative companies in the world, including Apple, Samsung, Tencent, Microsoft, Snapchat, and more to help them tap into the power of location and invent the future.
Foursquare has 400+ employees globally and is headquartered in New York. We also have offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Singapore and London. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles
Preporuke se učitavaju...