As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Kraken is expanding its data team! This is an incredible opportunity to join a market leader in the hottest global industry. With growth rates and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, Kraken is positioned to win. This role will be responsible for a critical aspect of the business, while working alongside the brightest minds in the crypto industry. This position will be a cornerstone of the data team working with internal and external engineers and technologists, designers, business leadership, and partners. We are building a data team of highly motivated self-starters who possess sound business acumen, make data-driven decisions, and clearly communicate their vision and plans to others. We are seeking people who are professional but know how to have fun too!
You will be part of the Data Governance function and will be a Data Governance Analyst working under the Data Governance Lead. This role works cross functionally to improve our data quality and protect sensitive data through the modification of our organisation’s behaviour policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture. You will support the implementation of scalable solutions to data governance challenges using industry best practices, and will help us evolve our current set of governance processes, roles & responsibilities through the entire organisation. You develop a deep understanding of Kraken’s products, a deep empathy for customers through the process.
The Data Management team is looking for a Data Governance Analyst to work with the Data Governance Lead and the data team to define requirements for Data Governance products (i.e. Data Governance/Quality tool, Data Catalog) and services (e.g., Domain Model, Support Model, Ownership Model, Access Requests, etc.) . The Data Governance Analyst is expected to have experience of working with data governance frameworks and tools.This is a hands-on role that requires knowledge of tools to query and manipulate data including SQL. Great benefits, amazing perks, remote work, stock incentives, and a flexible PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work.
- Formulate requirements for the products developed by the Technology team based on customer needs (Data Catalog, Data Quality Tool, etc.)
- Develop a good technical understanding of the data landscape such as our key datasets, datasources and schemas. Liaise with data consumers to understand their needs for data usage and access and translate these into technical requirements
- Select use cases from the data consumers and validate the requirements
- Perform system analysis and testing to determine appropriate functionality of the features developedDesign, develop, test, implement and support innovative and optimal data solutionsDefine and document policies, procedures and operational standards
- Define new data processes and refine existing ones to make them more efficient, and engage with the business to identify areas of improvement
- Experience of data analysis concepts and experience in data management capabilities such as Data Lineage, Data Definitions, Data Quality Management and Data Quality Reporting
- Understanding and experience with Data Governance topics Experience with requirements gathering (i.e. interaction with business users, technical developers), technical and functional specifications for data products (i.e. Data Catalog, Data Quality tool, Data Access, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL queries and SQL driven data analysisExperience in shaping and driving scoping and prioritisation discussions where possible specifically in data elements or attributes based on criticality or materiality
- A flexible approach and a willingness to move between multiple tasks and take on more responsibilities
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency ecosystemExperience of data governance in a regulated environment
- Experience with Data Visualization software (e.g., Superset, Tableau)Experience working with JIRA or other project management tools
- Understanding of data architecture
This is a hands-on role that additionally requires definition and documentation of data processes involved, guidelines, procedures and material for the customer. It requires understanding of data processes and analysis, as well as willingness to learn about new technologies and data tools.
Great benefits such as; remote work, stock incentives, and a flexible PTO policy all of which contribute to Kraken being a great environment/team to join.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Kraken je platforma koja je od strane nezavisnih medija konstantno ocenjivana kao najbolja i najsigurnija platforma za razmenu bitkoina. Sa seištem u San Francisku, Kraken je najveća kompanija za razmenu bitkoina u području eura. Krakenovi klijenti takođe trguju sa USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC i mnogim drugim digitalnim valutama.