Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband network. Founded in 2011 to shake up the UK broadband market, we're leading the way in full fibre technology. Our top average wired speed (900Mbps on our hyperfast 1Gb product) is over 11x faster than the UK's average broadband speed.
We established Hyperoptic's Belgrade office in 2013, starting with only 20 Developers to support the business. As of today we are 400 people and growing superfast - once a small start-up has become a success story in Belgrade, with over 1300 employees globally.
Due to continuous expansion Hyperoptic are hiring for a Data Engineer who goes beyond the expected. We believe in working smarter together, whilst our teams stay focused and people passionately strive for excellence. Does this sound like you?
What will you be doing?
- Build the cloud data solutions for extraction, loading and transformation from a wide variety of data sources
- Design, develop, test, and deploy data integration elements. Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Consolidate and optimize available cloud data warehouse infrastructure. Extending data structures by aggregating large data sets to make data consumable for processing or analysis. Design data model of medium complexity areas
- Keep functional documentation, technical documentation and metadata catalogues up to date
- Monitor processes and resolve production issues
What are we looking for?
- A bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience in data engineering
- Good knowledge of data warehousing concepts, data models and associated best practices. Experience in building solutions using GCP BigQuery or AWS Redshift
- Proficiency in ETL/ELT concepts, implementation, and operations in Cloud environment. Experience with tools like Matillion, DataPrep, DataFlow.
- Proven SQL knowledge
- Willingness to learn and expand the knowledge
- Striving to achieve your goals by walking the extra mile
- Team player and align with others to drive things forward
- Excellent written & spoken English language skills
Why are we the best place for work?
We are based in three beautiful locations in Senjak with:
- Catered lunch every day
- Basketball court and table tennis
- Fresh fruit every week
- Massage on site
- Pet friendly office
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
What happens next?
We carefully review your application over a decent cup of coffee.
We'll get back to you. Even if it's a no (at the moment).
Hyperoptic has been recognized in the top three for the Best Recruitment Process amongst Belgrade IT Companies, three years in a row.
Please submit your application in English.
We look forward to hearing from you!