Position: Data management officer
Application Deadline: 11.09.2020.
Duration: Full time position, initially 6 months contract with the possibility of extension
Start Date: ASAP
The data management officer is a member of SPARK’s central Monitoring/Evaluation and Quality assurance team based in Amsterdam. The team provides support to regional, country and department staff in areas relevant to planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting, as well as in the data and document management for these.
The data management officer fulfils a key role in SPARK system administration and data completeness and analysis. Currently the whole IT backbone of the organisation is upgraded and his/her key responsibility is that the core SPARK central ICT systems are used properly and create insights/oversights for improved day-to-day management of our programs. With that, he/she facilitates that SPARK as an organisation generates (even) more impact in creating jobs for youth in fragile states.
Our ICT team manages the technical side of these systems; this is not the responsibility of the data management officer. We are specifically looking for somebody who is passionate about data, and managing/analysing this smartly.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Support in the implementation of SPARK’s new IT systems; Exact Online and NGO Online.
- Administration of SPARK’s central ICT systems (Exact Online, NGO Online, MS Teams, Salesforce and SharePoint/Google Drive as DMS) and identify opportunities for further improvement;
- Lead the development of dashboards through Power BI
- Data management, including analysis for organisational planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting processes;
- Organize, initiate or supervise data collection for other purposes;
- Training/coaching to regional, country and department staff in data management, analysis and reporting all around the world;
- Development and implementation of simple / user friendly tools (in Google / MS Office environments) for programmatic data collection, management and reporting;
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in data science or another related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in a data management or business information management role;
- Experience in working with Power BI and advanced data analysis, visualisation and reporting skills;
- Professional experience in an international and multicultural context;
- Willingness to travel occasionally;
- Fluency in English is must;
- Advanced communication skills;
- Work permit for Serbia (for expats applying).
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Training opportunities;
- A net monthly salary between €700 and €950 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment of 40 hours;
- Dynamic team to work with.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the SPARK website: www.spark-online.org. If interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) electronically via the button "APPLY". Please, with application send to us two references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
For questions about the vacancy, please contact email@example.com.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world.