Introducing Arcadis Gen
Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We are creating a new entity focused upon accelerating the investment and development of digital solutions which support the asset lifecycle and will position Arcadis as a digital front runner in the fields of digitized asset management, cities and mobility. Our focus is upon accelerating our ability to bring highly scalable digital propositions quickly and seamlessly to both existing and new Arcadis clients across the globe.
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
1. The Opportunity – Envisioning Future Trajectory
The Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Data Engineers are key members of the Arcadis Gen team. They are responsible for migrating, transforming, and loading data in EAM systems and the tuning and optimal configuration of those systems. Arcadis Gen uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) to deliver services via the cloud which compromises many client environments.
Gen Data Engineers primarily work on project deliverables responsible for data architecture, data quality, migration strategy, data cutover and post go-live support working within a service-focused team delivering excellent value to our customers.
2. Key Deliverables
- Supporting the build, test, and deployment of ETL pipelines using Azure Data Factory as ETL tool.
- Design and build database objects, scripts, stored procedures to support ETL pipelines.
- Supporting the build, tuning, and configuring DB2, Oracle and SQL Server instances, clusters via automated and manual processes
- Support infrastructure and database related issues (tuning, locks, SQL optimisation, backups, cluster management, ETL, etc)
- Provide automated build support in terms of developing, testing, and committing scripts as part of the continuous integration utilising docker.
3. What We Are Looking For
- Strong programming and configuration background, developed through at least 5 years of relevant professional experience (essential)
- Actively participated in one of more (medium to large scale) project(s) involving analysis, design, ETL, documentation, testing and validation (essential)
- Expert experience working in the rail industry or other asset-intensive, safety-critical environments, ERP, MRP.
- Experience of working on cloud environments (preferably on Azure).
- Experience of working on ETL tool (either on cloud environment or on premise).
- Advanced SQL and query tuning knowledge using of these RDBMS: DB2, Oracle and SQL Server
- Database Administration knowledge of at least one major RDBMS: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- Graduate education in a relevant degree or subsequent highly applicable work history (essential)
- Understanding of EAM maintenance and functional modules: Work Orders, Preventative Maintenance, Job Plans, Assets and Locations
- Experience on scripting using C# as language (desirable)
- Experience of developing reports (desirable)
- Experience of developing analytics/business intelligence (desirable)
- Experience of using data loading tools
- Experience of building and configuring Mobile or Web Applications
- Experience of agile methodology: SCRUM, KanBan, Lean, Continuous Integration (desirable)
- Experience using project collaboration tools such as Atlassian Confluence & JIRA (desirable)
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, including conveying technical information (desirable)
4. Who Are We?
At Gen we have a mantra which is to be Bold, Agile and to deliver Accelerated Growth, this focuses our efforts and defines the way in which we will deliver to the market.
Our spirit, makes us unique, binds us together and sits at the very essence of who we are and how we ‘show’ up.
- Our fear of failure is mitigated by a thirst for positive disruption.
- We demonstrate intellectual humility – we can admit we are wrong and may change our options often, when new information or insights come to hand.
- We value talent, skill & knowledge but prize agility and adaptability above all else.
- We are optimists believing that we can and we will always find a way…..mindset matters
We are motivated and driven by:
An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be inventive and free from tight organizational constraints.
- A desire to learn and grow, to push and challenge ourselves and to test the limits of our potential.
- To attempt the extraordinary, motivated to achieve even in the face of set back or obstacle.
- To collaborate, pursuing shared rather than individual goals, believing that we do our best work when we default to ‘open’ rather than ‘closed’.
- Playing a role on the global stage, leading and influencing the future of our industry and sector and by deeply understanding the needs of our clients.
Leadership at Gen
Leadership at Gen is not based on principles of power and control but rather on encouraging self-determination, experimentation and creativity. Our leaders actively:
- Encourage experimentation: The role of a leader is not to reduce risks or prevent failures, but to create an environment resilient enough to take these risks and handle the missteps.
- Instill trust: Silos are the enemy of agility, to be truly agile requires foundations built on trust, discipline and single-minded focus, collaboration and transparency are essential to success.
- Cultivate diversity of thought: Believe that different views, healthy debate and respectful conflict are good things, they are the catalysts for creativity & will fuel our innovation
Who is Arcadis
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.