We are looking for a highly motivated data migration specialist to join our Data Migration Practice. You will need to be prepared to learn all aspects of the alternative assets industry as well as client consulting skills. For the very brightest candidates there is ample opportunity to grow along with the company and take on responsibility from day one.
The Data Migration Specialist is a client-facing role which will be accountable for the proper execution of the data migration projects to onboard client data onto the Aladdin Alternatives Platform. Each project will consist of the following steps:
- Populate and finalize import templates
- Data Load to UAT
- Data validation and reconciliation
- Data import adjustment & re-import
- Data migration sign-off
It is crucial that this person will maintain strong partnerships across core private markets implementation teams, including Business Consultants and Implementation Consultants. In addition, the role will be critical in shaping and executing on the future state vision for Business Intelligence (BI) for the Aladdin Alternatives platform in partnership with the Alternatives Platform implementation teams.
Building/designing data migration workflows with our clients’ data to successfully migrate data during projects through the following steps:
- Partnering with the client, gather relevant documentation containing data to be migrated
- Identify which import templates are required (by object)
- Map datapoints (Extract/transform/load) to Invest datapoints and document
- Build import templates using required format from configuration
- Build reconciliation queries
- Leveraging automation tools and standard product reports to perform testing
- Designing documents & production of technical specifications as well as updating progress through project management planning
- Developing/implementing configurations according to technical specifications
- Documentation and archiving of all workflow and documentation for future reference
- Participate to the evolution of the automation toolkit
- Shape and execute the future state vision of BI with the Aladdin implementation teams
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related data-oriented background
- Fluent English
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude – willingness to accept challenges and innovative approaches
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A team player who can work independently
- Good time management and an ability to multi-task/balance parallel work streams
- Strong Knowledge in SQL
- Knowledge of Python, R, or another object-oriented language, previous experience will be positively considered
- Experience in automated software testing processes and tools
- Interest in the functional part of the product, any knowledge about the Finance industry and private markets will be highly appreciated
- Working knowledge of Alteryx
- Working knowledge of BI tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.