Pollard Digital Solutions, a Pollard Banknote Company, is looking for passionate, self-motivated and experienced Data Platform Quality Assurance Specialist to join the Technology department. Data Platform QA specialists are responsible for software testing activities within their team. QA Specialists work in cross-functional teams to deliver reliable systems according to our customers’ needs. QA Specialists perform continuous testing throughout the development process in order to support the quality of the software being built. The teams practice Agile Software Development where shared responsibility, cooperation, and team spirit are valued.
- Working in a cross-functional scrum team.
- Performing functional and non-functional tests on BI systems, QuickSight dashboards and reports.
- Validating data accuracy and ensuring that the reports are consistent with the data in the data sources.
- Documenting test cases, test results, and defects found during testing and communicating with developers and clients.
- Writing, maintaining and following test plans.
- Participating in testing the integration of QuickSight with other AWS services such as Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift, and others.
- Ensuring that the data is correctly extracted, transformed, and loaded into the BI system.
- Verifying that the data sources are accurately connected to QuickSight, and the data is being displayed correctly in dashboards and reports.
- Ensuring that visualizations, graphs, and charts are correctly displayed and meet the requirements.
- Quality assurance activities including reviewing documents, participating in workshops, writing and reviewing requirements.
- Participating in continual improvements of the processes in the team as well as on the company level.
- Collaborating with development teams and stakeholders to understand testing requirements and provide feedback.
- Troubleshooting and debugging any issues that arise during the testing process.
- Assisting in the project and release planning.
- Following new tools and technologies and implementing them in your daily work.
- Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-years relevant experience in Software Quality Assurance position, preferably Data platform Quality Assurance Engineer
- Minimum 3-years of experience with data analysis software such as Quicksight, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik or other
- Minimum 3-years of experience with databases and ETL software such as Redshift databases and Informatica intelligent cloud services (IICS)
- Strong analytical approach and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of web applications and how they work.
- Previous experience with testing web services and APIs would be a plus.
- Experience in writing and running SQL queries.
- Preferred would be experienced in test automation and basic knowledge of OOP programming.
- Working with Linux systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of versioning systems (git, svn).
- Knowledge of any issue tracking system (JIRA, TFS, HPQC…).
- Working in an agile environment would be a plus.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Organized and disciplined work ethic.
- Solid English skills, both written and spoken.
- Eagerness to learn as well as share knowledge and ideas with co-workers.
We emphasize having a great working environment and offer the following to our employees:
- A truly great working environment.
- Modern office space in Belgrade with high quality equipment.
- Private health insurance.
- Happy Fridays.
- Social activities.
- Events that encourage innovation.
- Attending conferences and community events, both as participants and contributors.
Pollard Digital Solutions is a full-solution supplier of lottery management and iLottery technology for world-wide lottery markets. The company is owned by Pollard Banknote Ltd. – a leading partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, retail merchandising solutions, and a full suite of digital offerings. Established in 1907 in Winnipeg, Canada, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 66.7% by the Pollard family and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (PBL).
Our objective is to deliver the most innovative solutions that will render industry-leading returns to good causes in an ethically responsible way. We emphasize a friendly, lively and respectful workplace atmosphere, where team spirit is highly valued.
Please submit your resume in English language. All applications will be handled with confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.