Clarivate(tm) is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world's most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Today, Clarivate is a publicly traded company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CLVT.
Clarivate is committed to building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of belonging where new colleagues can bring their authentic self to work every day! Join us!
A value-oriented role requiring strong analytical skills and attention to detail that focuses on supporting understanding key internal data issues and helping to resolve them.
Review and monitor the quality of customer and product data sets to evaluate root cause and potential solutions
Create tooling and processes designed to identify common data quality issues to prevent or minimize impact to the organization
Support various departments across the organization in ad-hoc data analysis and improvement projects
Improving business efficiency by improving the quality of internal system data. This includes reducing the need for data cleansing, improving data input methodologies, and enabling the broader organization to identify and manage data quality levels within their own data space.
Reduce rework time for sales, finance, and reporting teams
- Develop, document, and maintain data quality goals and standards
- Review and monitor the quality of both new and reoccurring data sets.
- Develop operational dashboards for evaluating data quality for team use as well as for broader Clarivate use.
- Support sales, contract, and order processing teams in rectifying data quality problems directly affecting customer transactions.
- Support reporting and planning teams in rectifying data quality problems directly affecting operational reports.
- Collaborate with key global functions including sales, sales operations, customer support, fulfillment, order management and billing to reduce re-work.
- Ensure all business activities follow the governance rules and corporate compliance standards.
- Manage workflow via cases to support root cause analysis.
- Manage assigned cases and drive performance based upon metrics.
- Use data profiling, data quality tools, and database queries to uncover and determine root causes of data quality issues
- Identify areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Review Salesforce.com, NetSuite, and other data sources for data accuracy.
- Recommend maintenance enhancements to data acquisition processes to improve data accuracy.
- Support testing of new or enhanced data acquisition and maintenance tooling and processes.
- Make recommendations for enhancements to systems of record to improve accuracy of operational data.
- Establish on-going processes for maintaining quality data, and defining data quality audit procedures.
- Collaborate with global teams around the world in local time zones to discuss and troubleshoot issues.
- 2-3 years direct experience preferred working in a role required to monitor and address data quality.
- Working knowledge of CRM, preferably Salesforce and order management and billing systems like Netsuite or Zuora.
- Experience with D&B, Zoominfo, and other 3rd party data providers is preferred.
- Experience with relational databases, statistical packages, and analysis techniques.
- Ability to identify sets and subsets of information across multiple unions of tables.
- Must possess knowledge of data governance concepts
- Solid business acumen of business transactions and end-to-end sales processes.
- Experience with quality management practices including lean sigma is helpful
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve standard and complex client issues, and recommendations for improving processes.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, presentation) related to presenting complex data concepts to management, internal peers, and 3rd party vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate, and carry out detailed activities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels and functions within an organization
- Experience in managing projects from start to finish.
- Language Skills: English fluency is must; Chinese, Japanese or Spanish familiarity is helpful
- Ability to listen effectively and obtain necessary information in order to operate independently to research and assess problems.
- Driven towards operational excellence and achieving quality
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimum supervision.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Deadline for applications: 03.10.2021.