The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org
Protection Mission of ICRC
In order to preserve the lives, security, dignity, and physical and mental well-being of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence, the protection mission of the ICRC aims to ensure that authorities and other actors fulfil their obligations and uphold the rights of individuals. It focuses on the causes and on the consequences of violations and includes activities such as securing human treatment and conditions of detention for detainees, restoring family links between separated family members, alleviating the suffering of the people affected.
Purpose for the post
Familylinks Answers is a web-based specialized application for the restoring family links (RFL) services of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies. It’s part of a wider bigger data and web ecosystem that aims to increase the speed and to facilitate the sharing of data and the treatment of cases between National Societies, with the ICRC and other partners.
Familylinks Answers Data Quality Officer in Belgrade will work in close collaboration and under the guidance of the Product Manager in Geneva and the FL Answers Deployment Coordinators in the Regional Protection Data Offices (RPDO).
The Belgrade Shared Services Centre is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Data Quality Officer
- Creates structured, high quality, actionable and ready to use data sets on a recurring and ad hoc basis to enable National Societies' use of data in daily activities
- Supports National Societies, RPDOs and delegations in building queries and designing reports
- Assists in developing and applying data quality monitoring tools (dashboards etc.) and contributes to driving the data quality
- Makes sure that documentation relating to data quality is produced and updated
- Applies best practices, standards, guidelines and templates for data and analytics, and works on continuous improvement of reporting and analytics, making sure that documentation relating to data quality is produced and updated
- Assists in the tests and upgrades of the Protection ICT tools/solutions, especially FL Answers
- Assists in the National Societies' in data migrations, such as technical tests and validation of imported data
- Reports bugs, problems, shares lessons learned and suggests improvements to the Product Manager
- Advanced university degree preferably in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, or a similar technical field
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Word, Excel).
- Knowledge and use of SQL, SSRS
- Experience in data analysis and statistical methods
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Interest in data, methodologies and passion of bringing it to use for ICRC work
- Ability to adapt to varying workloads and to work under pressure with very short deadlines in a constrained technological environment
- Well-organized, meticulous, creative and open-minded with a scientific approach to solving problems. Team player with strong communication and intercultural skills (experienced in communicating to a range of both technical and non-technical audiences)
- Knowledge of Python, R or other relevant scripting and programming languages.
- Knowledge of Tableau.
- Storytelling ability through visually clear reports and dashboards, both dynamic and static.
- Experience with automated collection and storage of data retrieved through web APIs
- French, Spanish and/or Russian is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international humanitarian environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 25.09.2019.