As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Science Lead who is innovative, highly-motivated, and proactive.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a team that builds cutting-edge trading products and guides sound data-driven decision making in the cryptocurrency industry. You will be responsible for overseeing the transformation of data and generation of actionable insights on customer behavior as well as measuring the performance of Kraken’s products. You also have a knack for understanding tech products and enhancing them through the power of ML.
In your day to day, you can easily go from coding, to coaching, to sharing the results of your team’s efforts with stakeholders at all company levels. You will collaborate and lead projects with product management, engineering, marketing, and growth teams.
Great benefits, amazing perks, remote work, stock incentives, and a flexible PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work. If you value having a seat at the table and want to make a big impact on guiding the direction of marketing and growth at one of the top crypto exchanges in the world, this role is for you.
- Develop, mentor and hire a world-class data science team that is a competitive advantage for our company
- Partner with product, engineering, marketing, finance and other relevant stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and execute on opportunities
- Lead the development of analytics, statistical and ML modeling with strong quantitative rigor to produce material impact for Kraken
- Work with engineers to evangelize data best practices and implement data analytics solutions
- Develop, train, and deploy ML models serving predictions and automating business processes
- Collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop success criteria and optimize new products, features, policies, and models
- Design experiments for product teams to test hypothesis and help with idea generation and refinement
- PhD or Masters degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, Math or a related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in data science
- A consistent track record of developing and deploying analytics and data science solutions using Python, R, SQL, distributed data warehouses and computing platforms
- Experience using statistics and predictive analytics to solve complex business problems
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with other data tools such as Druid, Hadoop, Tableau, Superset is a plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Kraken je platforma koja je od strane nezavisnih medija konstantno ocenjivana kao najbolja i najsigurnija platforma za razmenu bitkoina. Sa seištem u San Francisku, Kraken je najveća kompanija za razmenu bitkoina u području eura. Krakenovi klijenti takođe trguju sa USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC i mnogim drugim digitalnim valutama.