At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
Magna Global IT is seeking a talented Data Scientist, Manufacturing supporting our divisions delivering a better product for a better price by applying industry-leading analytical methodologies in various ways. The area of involvement covers predictive quality, preventive maintenance, demand forecasting, inventory management as well as use cases in the field of Smart Factory like Digital Twins and Production Simulation.
As an ideal candidate you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and you are fired up by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done.
- Design and develop algorithms and models to use against large datasets to create business insights. Incorporate business knowledge into solution approach by trustful collaboration with internal customers and cross-functional teams
- Lead Data Science & Analytics projects & initiatives and work independently on solution development; Execute tasks with high levels of efficiency and quality; Make appropriate selection, utilization and interpretation of advanced analytical methodologies; Prepare reports, updates and presentations related to progress made on a project or solution
- Effectively communicate insights, recommendations and its impact to both technical and non-technical leaders and business partners
- Participate in establishing and continuously improving Magna’s data science practice by developing replicable solutions (e.g. codified data products, recipes, project documentation, process flowcharts)
- Seek further knowledge on key developments within data science, technical skill sets, and additional data sources
Knowledge and Education
- Advanced degree, applicable certification, or equivalent experience in Operations Research, Management Science, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of practical experience with data processing and analytics
- 1+ years in a data science role with experience in Manufacturing
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations to broader audience required
- Experience developing and running simulation, optimization, and what-if scenario planning tools to support decision making
- Experience building and maintaining predictive and/or prescriptive models in production at enterprise scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language, including ability to develop and deliver presentation. Additional Language skills are an advantage (German, Spanish, Mandarin)
- Advance Knowledge and engineering skills in (Cloud) big data & database technologies, data management & data pipeline development
- Experience with Microsoft Azure stack (Azure Data Warehouse, Databricks, Azure Analysis Services, Power BI) is an advantage
Choose an item.
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team, together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work Environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer.
Regular overnight travel not to exceed 15%.
We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience. For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.