The world is changing at an accelerating rate and understanding the shifting landscapes has never been more critical. Primer is the premier artificial-intelligence powered platform that allows humans to get information that they need, instantly, in ways that until now have not been possible. We believe that truth is knowable; our mission is to free the curious to be their most human. We are building machines that can read natural language text documents, understand them, correlate them into events, and share what they learn by writing their own natural language text documents.
At Primer we use machine learning and natural language processing to automate the analysis of very large corpora of unstructured text. We build systems that read documents, extract insights, and write reports comparable to those of a human analyst. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them –– from geopolitical events and scientific research to changes in the risk profiles of companies. Our clients include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies. You can learn more about Primer's technology and the sort of problems we solve at our blog, as well as recent media coverage of our work.
The Services team is a jack-of-all-trades organization that serves as a key interface between individual clients and the broader Primer organization. Our charter is: (1) work closely with clients to discover the best use of Primer’s NLP/NLG algorithms for their needs; (2) prototype new algorithms, data pipelines, and visualizations; and (3) channel client feedback and algorithmic learnings back to Primer to drive future product development.
- Support the ideation and implementation of solutions and feature sets for the customers, partner with Primer’s product and engineering organizations to create and deliver.
- Act as a full-stack everything: data scientist, engineer, and customer liaison for Primer.
- Partner with product and engineers at Primer to identify and prioritize new features and algorithms based on customer engagement and feedback.
- Build ways to analyze and understand customer engagement and product performance through modeling and data visualization.
- Academic background in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, or quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience in the areas of developing and deploying machine learning and NLP-based solutions.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and NLP tools and libraries including Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, SpaCy, NLTK, Torch, Tensorflow, Keras
- Proven experience working with a variety of data sets, framing customer problems and use cases, and building data science models.
- Understanding of NLP topics: event and topic detection, relation, and extraction; pattern detection; entity recognition; and clustering and classification models.
- Ability to think about solutions from a customer perspective, establish conceptual connections between requirements and solutions.
- Experience working with AWS, Docker, and APIs.
- Excellent communication skills – you will be the face of Primer to customers’ organizations.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.