Computer industry is in the midst of fundamental transformation. Microsoft is leading this transformation through its world-class suite of cloud services. We are hiring data scientists of all levels of experience.
At the entry-level end of the spectrum, data scientists provide accurate reporting against raw data and ensure appropriate data cleaning. At the advanced level, scientists are expected to explore, model and interpret data by blending various mathematical methods and machine learning. They are not only capable of working with data, but also appreciate data itself as a first-class product.
A data scientist needs to be able to derive conclusions from data, and to possess creativity and strong communication skills. Creativity drives the process of hypothesis generation (picking the right problems to solve), experiment formulation, experiment execution and measurements.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent university degree (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Signals and Systems, Math, Physics, etc.)
- Experience in using R, TSQL, Python (or similar)
- Passion for quality, performance and reliability
- Team-oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to accuracy, quality and attention to details
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
Please submit your up-to-date CV and the cover letter explaining why would you like to work with us. Please send them as two attachments electronically.
This position can, but does not have to, be a position of direct employment with Microsoft, i.e. it can be a position through external agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental condition.