Get to know us
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
- Consult stakeholders in a wide range of data-related questions, supporting them on all stages from identifying which problems can be solved with data to training them how to make the best use of the self-service platform for their business goals
- Work with fellow Data Scientists to ensure quality through code reviews and share knowledge
- Convey complex ideas in a simple way to enable stakeholders to make informed decisions
- Collaborate with Data Engineers and other parts of the company to bring solutions to production
- Further the company’s ability to execute a data-driven strategy
- Perform analysis, create reports and visualizations
What you bring to the table...
- An experienced data scientist with demonstrated success and a minimum of 4 years experience with real-life data
- Background in statistics (mathematics, natural sciences, economics, psychology, ...)
- Fluent in statistical programming with R (e.g. shiny, Rmarkdown)
- Good working knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of how to be useful to the business while maintaining higher-than-GDPR level of user privacy and commitment to data ethics
- Experience with consulting stakeholders and/or driving projects
- Great English, especially in writing
- Experience working remotely at least part-time
- Experience with Linux & the command line
- Experience with version control and reviews
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Experience with GBQ, DataStudio, and related Google Cloud Platform services
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Understanding of how the internet and web browsers work
- Knowledge of AdTech industry
- Interest in ML
What we offer
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons