Who are we
FoodStyles is an app that matches your dietary requirements and food cravings to restaurants in London. It helps you find the food you love, need, and desire.
We built the app by gathering information about dishes in real restaurants across London and collating them into one (HUGE) menu!
We then use sophisticated filters to cut thousands of menu options down – based on your preferences – so you only see the relevant dishes.
FoodStyles is looking for a Data Scientist/Analyst to join our team. You will help support our mission to help people get better food that fits their diet and cravings everywhere. If you share our passion for giving more enjoyment and health to the world through food, join us.
What will you do
- Migrate, aggregate, and transform data between data sources (e.g. Postgres to BigQuery).
- Analyze our data, and look for potential patterns, outliers, and insights that can improve performance, lower error rates, save calendar time, or add other business value.
- Present findings in an easy-to-understand format that will facilitate data-driven decisions.
- Work with our operations team to understand our internal processes and KPIs and identify actions that drive positive change (e.g. new workflows).
- Generate reports that will facilitate our operations team working effectively.
Who you are
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience as a data analyst/scientist.
- Strong Python and SQL skills.
- Proficiency with data analysis tools like Pandas, Numpy and SciPy.
- Experience with visualization libraries such as Matplotlib or Plotly.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning and deep learning.
- Solid knowledge of statistics.
- Capability to understand complex processes and the main metrics for our business.
- The capability of judging what is relevant and what is not, so you can prioritize working on problems that have the potential to add the most business value.
- Properly communicate findings and insights with the other part of the team.
- Have a trained eye to identify actionable items from stats and/or visualizations.
- Proactive mindset with a strong sense of ownership and ability to work autonomously.
- Experience with business intelligence software like DataStudio or Power BI is nice to have.
Why work with us?
FoodStyles is built on continuous improvement, transparency and maximum momentum.
Fast decision making. Driven by data.
We use data to get to a decision. That way, we sustain maximum momentum and create immediate actions from every meeting. This makes for a fast paced environment which is rewarding for those that want to learn and progress quickly.
More debate. Less compromise.
We encourage open communication and debate to avoid sub-optimal compromises. You’ll always be expected to share your view so we can gather a range of perspectives to propel forward.
Be authentic. Do good.
We always strive to give good energy and assume good intentions. This is what creates an open and trusting working environment at FoodStyles.
You're free to work from any place where you feel happy and most productive.