Around since 1994, Arise Virtual Solutions Inc. has created a disruptive technology platform that connects the world’s biggest brands with the largest network of gig-economy Service Partners in the BPO industry. Owned by Warburg Pincus, one of the world’s largest Private Equity Firms, Arise is the work-from-home pioneer and now the CX Transformation trailblazer. We are changing the way the world WORKS with every major brand that we support. Come be a part of the revolution as a regular-full-time employee of Arise Virtual Solutions!
Our Application Development team at Arise is looking for a Data Services Engineer who will report into the Director of Data Services and help develop software applications to support the growth of Arise. The ideal candidate is technically strong with a willingness to share that experience through mentorship, and excited to take on new software engineering challenges. This is your opportunity to join the Application Development team and leave your mark on Arise and the booming gig-economy.
What you will take on:
- Gain an understanding of Arise business
- Gain an understanding of current Arise technology
- Look for opportunities to automate manual data processes
- Support integrations with third-party systems
- Work with the Data Integration, Reporting and Analysis teams
Data analysis and requirements skills:
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business documentation, technical specifications, and project management documentation to support business processes.
- Collaborates with business analysts in the process of interpreting system requirements
- Documents the types and structure of the business data.
- Proactively manages end user expectations
Design and Programming:
- Creates technical designs that will be used by developers to create ETL packages and reports. Each Technical Design will include source-to-target mapping, data models and other information critical to the design
- Uses data modeling tools to create logical and physical data models
- Performs mapping and tracing data from system to system to solve business or system problem
- Develops solutions using Microsoft technologies like SSIS, SSRS, and PowerBI.
- Design, develop, maintain and upgrade operational and analytical reports.
- Prepare and maintain written technical documentation detailing the contents and operation of each report.
- Determines testing needed to assure the functionality and integrity of reporting solutions, create test plans, and evaluate testing results taking corrective action as necessary.
- Collaborates with and reviews the work of other data programmer resources.
- Validates that all physical database designs satisfy business requirements, and meets established standards, data integrity, security, performance, and recoverability.
- Expertise in writing T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, cursors
- Presents ideas and concepts in user-friendly terms
Our new team member will need:
- Hands-on experience with MS SQL Server 2016.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and design skills.
- Experience in programming complex SQL queries and stored procedures. Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e., determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples).
- Analytical, Problem solving, creative thinking and design skills.
- Proficiency with MS Excel is desired.
- Avaya/ Telecom experience is HIGHLY preferred
Competitive Compensation and Benefits which include:
- Joining a diverse group of awesome individuals Making a Difference every day
- ~70% of your Health/ Dental/ Vision/ Flex Spending Benefits paid by Arise
- 401k – 40% match starting on day 1
- Tuition Reimbursement of $4,000 each year!
- Generous PTO Plan starting from day 1
- 9 holidays and 1 Diversity Day
- Maternity & Paternity Paid Leave
- Life and Disability Insurance 100% paid by Arise
- Work hard AND have FUN! We play a lot at Arise.
When smart creative and passionate people get together, the results are astounding and the opportunities limitless! Achieve your potential at Arise.